1. Amy Madden's rating of the film Micmacs

Just finished watching this! An entertaining and detailed film that focuses very much on the characteristics of every character. Some of the lines had me laughing and I loved the set design of the whole film. Good watch!

2. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Micmacs

3. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Micmacs

Like in his other works Jeunet has many crazy ideas full of fabulous visual and acoustic details, e.g. the whole world of the junkyard with its moving objects or Bazil's short mind exercises. One of my favorite scenes is Bazil's recognition of the weapon manufacturers which is not only underlined by an orchestral crescendo but also completed with an orchestra that suddenly shows up on the stairs of the building.

4. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Micmacs

5. wiwitaek's rating of the film Micmacs

Nice but the characters almost look alike

6. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Micmacs

7. taniaburrito's rating of the film Micmacs

8. anarresti's rating of the film Micmacs

This works briliantly. It feels like the universe of films like Delicatessen and The City of Lost Children fighting the "real" world of war economy and Realpolitik. And winning. Jeunet is able to do something amazing. He creates fables for grown ups. We do need to believe, against all the cynism of the world. And it turns out, this is the best antydot for escapism. Dare to dream, looking at the world, like children.

9. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Micmacs

This is so entertaining and fun... if only it could become true!

10. Steve G.'s rating of the film Micmacs

Takes a while to get going and there are perhaps one or two too many characters here for us to get to know, but once the 'action' gets going it really is absolutely bags of fun. It's not Jeunet operating at anywhere near his best but it's still better than most things you'll see.

11. REBA M's rating of the film Micmacs

The only description I can give this is: charming.

12. katiejayne83@gmail.com's rating of the film Micmacs

Enjoyable, although lacking the depth and originality of Amelie.

13. Sam Brown's rating of the film Micmacs

14. Katie Goodwin's rating of the film Micmacs

Always original Jeunet. No Amelie but off the wall and humorous as always. Love it.

15. raggiodisole's rating of the film Micmacs

super feelgood film. Wit, invention, even a positive social message. Hardly any dramatic tension, but I say thats a good thing

16. katiestgeorge@gmail.com's rating of the film Micmacs

17. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film Micmacs

i like contortionists who can fit in the fridge. has all the ingredients but somehow missing the cream cheese.

18. nico's rating of the film Micmacs

19. fanfan's rating of the film Micmacs

le amusement, intelligent Bon film!

20. Simon C's rating of the film Micmacs

Best. Revenge. Film. Ever.

21. Sukumar Periwal's rating of the film Micmacs

Brilliant affirmation of the power of the fool to subvert the fragile pomposity of outward power. A man with a bullet in his head and a bunch of eccentric friends can wreak more havoc than wealthy arms dealers and goons in posh suits. Tinkerers can do magical things with the bric a brac of urban refuse: never take odds and ends for granted.

22. Magnus Gustavsson's rating of the film Micmacs

I cant wait to see this one! Probably a masterpiece just as all of Jean-Pierres movies.

23. Omar Morales's rating of the film Micmacs

I revisited City of Lost Children this weekend and started snooping around for new Jeunet films and to my surprise there was one. Now I am on race to find it!

24. Laura De Noves's rating of the film Micmacs

Jeunet's latest offering isn't a honey-coloured 'Amelie', but it doesn't disappoint in terms of quirkiness. If a contortionist, a human cannonball, an ex-con and a human calculator floats your boat, then so will MicMacs. Yes, the underlying story is somewhat dark (a la Delicatessen) but the overall impression is one of the resourceful underdog winning out over our modern world of alienation and distancing.