1. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Microphone Test

2.5. There are many who esteem this highly, but the films about boring urbanites and their love squabbles (I think of Maurice Pialat's We Won't Grow Old Together, for example, or, more recently, Zeki Demirkubuz's Destiny, and like exercises in relationship masochism) only irritate me. I'm all for unsympathetic characters, but when they're dullards to boot it's fatal.

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Microphone Test

3. Antonio Petre's rating of the film Microphone Test

4. ap's rating of the film Microphone Test

5. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Microphone Test

Filmmaking within film. Filmmaker within film. The subject is the tool of deception, that is, the camera, as well as the camera man himself--film itself-- and in a roundabout irony, the subject here (the man) is subject to deception itself, as metaphor for a much deeper deception, that of a nation. In other words, no matter how deep your feelings run to catch up with reality, nobody is to be trusted. Brilliant.

6. redux's rating of the film Microphone Test

One of the best Romanian films from the so-called communist era. A love (triangle) story (of sorts) with a TV cameraman, which, through both its narrative and extremely unaffected style, reveals the falsifications and abuses behind the 'official' version of reality.