1. Diderot's rating of the film Midnight

This is an astonishingly undervalued Hollywood comedy, especially when one considers the cast and the screenwriting credit of Billy Wilder. It's one of the most effortlessly perfect American comedies ever made.

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Midnight

Delicious. Colbert is at her wittiest and most seductive. Barrymore is glorious.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Midnight

Un film rarement distribué, d'un metteur en scène presque inconnu (mais prolifique) et, divine surprise, un petit joyau de la comédie américaine d'une finesse et d'un humour exceptionnels ..... www.cinefiches.com

4. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Midnight

A genuinely cleverly scripted 30's comedy in the style of Lubitsch.

5. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Midnight

Ridere di cuore. Il telegramma di Francie, Barrymore, tutte quelle spalle che non smettono di agitarsi, le sopracciglia, le piccole cose.

6. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Midnight

What a joyous, wonderful example of classical Hollywood at its finest. It's not quite Lubitsch in subtlety, but not quite Hawks in overt comedy, either. Barrymore is fantastic, and I can safely say (with my heterosexuality intact) that I have a severe man-crush on young Don Ameche.

7. Log Lady's rating of the film Midnight

I probably woke up my neighbours because I burst out at laughing in the middle of the night. The telephone scene might just be one of the funniest scenes in screwball. Barrymore is priceless, Ameche is a cutie, and Colbert just oozes charisma.

8. MS1915's rating of the film Midnight

A film that really exemplifies the screwball genre made popular by the time. The witty dialogue and humor made for an enjoyable experience.

9. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Midnight

"It's just a plain case of alcohol poisoning. The baby must have had one highball to many. She was out all night. We picked her up in the gutter."

10. roujin's rating of the film Midnight

John Barrymore is nothing less than perfect in this movie. His bit with the phone is sublime.

11. MarcH's rating of the film Midnight

So good it actually makes Don Ameche amusing.

12. paul anderson's rating of the film Midnight

I know it's a bit odd to be crazy about an actress who made films 30 to 40 years before I was born, but if there is a heaven and they let me in, I will seek out Claudette Colbert and ask her to marry me. What a treat. A great cast, a great film. I expected I would like this, I write this because I loved it.