1. amoursplatoniques's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

Un de mes favoris de tous les temps.

2. Trunfos's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

3. Aida's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

"John Wayne? You gonna say he's a fag?"

4. Elme Dino's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

Dustin Hoffman probably deserved the Oscar for this one, but John Wayne won, because he was the sentimental choice. At the time, many people thought it went too far, but if you look at it now,you wouldn't be wrong in thinking it didn't go far enough. It did win best picture, which pissed off Wayne because he was a bit of a homophobe.

6. Dalibor's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

Adequately named Joe Buck as a personification of America going through a time of reexamining itself within the ongoing LSD-charged sexual revolution whilst dealing with troublesome past. The statements of him/it being a bi-curious conservative and finally emerging "scars free" but with a changed perspective have such a fine humane line in them.

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

High def really enhances this rather bizarre film. The scenic beauty of the travel shots is a portrait of an America no longer with us. Hoffman is incredible, such a commanding performance. Possibly his best work besides Little Big Man. Watching this today, its easy to see why it got its X rating initially, as certain scenes are still quite graphic by todays standards. Voight gives career performance. 4 stars

8. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

9. D.J. Devereux's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

Perhaps the greatest love story and tale about struggle and survival I have ever seen. Is this a homoerotic love story, or is it a platonic love story. Who knows? Who Cares? It is perfect cinema, with a perfect soundtrack

10. Jim Fear's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

11. miles's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

12. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

13. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

Tenderness on the bus: few American films have the guts for this scene.

14. Mateusz's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

15. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

16. nejurgi's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

17. JMKE's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

faris badwan told me this was his all time favourite movie therefore when i was 14 it was mine too

18. muh.'s rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

man, i really do hate it when dust becomes airborne and starts to irritate my eyes. it's not tears mind you, just unfortunate atmospheric occurences.

19. There Will Be Josh Schasny's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

Dustin Hoffman's career defining performance (sorry, Tootsie fans). This late 60s tale of finding one's comfort zone by leaping out of it was edgy and controversial upon its release, but it still wows viewers to this day.

20. its katie's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

makes me feel emo after each viewing, a Fave

21. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

''Not bad, not bad for a cowboy!'' Like how they edited the flashbacks here, done in quick cut montage style close to how we remember details,especially the traumatic ones.

22. A47's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

We need more like this, America.

23. Dzernera's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy

Made me feel like thrown into a roller coaster of past. The movie gets pretty close to main character's emotional twists (formed by some not fully told background experiences) but at the same time it gives rather neat & broad perspective on the society&values as they were at the end of 60s America. We people sometimes meet as random as atoms & what matters then (&keeps us together) is more than plain superficiality.

24. El Biffo's rating of the film Midnight Cowboy