1. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film Midnight Special

2. JCPJD's rating of the film Midnight Special

It starts off well but slips into some lazy territory as it progresses. Michael Shannon is a great presence throughout. There's not a huge amount I can remember about it - and I only watched it a few days ago. It's a decent midweek watch, but not a lot more.

3. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Midnight Special

Good sci-f thriller even if one gets lost in these parallel universes. Reminds of certain works of M. Night SHYAMALAN, or, with nostalgia, to the Village of the Damned, Wolf RILLA's masterpiece. Great Adam DRIVER (Paterson) === Bon thriller, même si on se perd un peu dans ces univers parallèles. On pense à certains films de M. Night SHYAMALAN, ou, avec nostalgie, au Village des Damnés, ce chef d'oeuvre de Wolf RILLA.

4. Florencja Bandini's rating of the film Midnight Special

I guess for the "Alien SF Fans" it's a great movie, and I get why. But I'm not one of them.

5. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Midnight Special

6. Diderot's rating of the film Midnight Special

It's a film that relies on the attention it pays to its characters to circumvent the absurdity of its plot revelations. But even the moment of absurdity toward which the plot moves achieves a beauty that few others could earn given the same material.

7. Bob's rating of the film Midnight Special

Great camera work and some wonderful shots are not enough to cover up the lack of any emotional attachment or suspense. So, what seems as technically flawless piece, comes as an empty and non engaging experience. Otherwise great cast seems kind of lost here - and the only memorable moments are the ones that present sci-fi elements in a story that is supposed to be character driven, with sci-fi being just a backdrop.

8. Justwibi's rating of the film Midnight Special

9. Peregrine's rating of the film Midnight Special

either nothing happens or something happens and and mostly with our special effects and we can't really say it or explain it but i guess those who know -feel it right? yeah we were really going somewhere but now it's gone and I only remember the crappy soundtrack and that they have high white buildings with greenery on the balconies

10. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Midnight Special

11. petit astronaute's rating of the film Midnight Special

12. Luke Spence's rating of the film Midnight Special

More drama than sci-fi, nevertheless a good film. Michael Shannon is great, brining a gritty desperation to the role. And Adam Driver doles out a bit of comic relief to an otherwise serious and resolute story.

13. smokescreen's rating of the film Midnight Special

14. N!nA's rating of the film Midnight Special

15. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Midnight Special

Least favourite movie by Jeff Nichols so far but still pretty amazing.

16. janh24's rating of the film Midnight Special

Hideous; dreadful; appalling; 'a disaster, Suse!'

17. MistaRichard's rating of the film Midnight Special

This is another one of those movies that, alongside "Ex Machina", try to shine a renewed light on the sci-fi genre. Mark these words: a future sci-fi cult classic.

18. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Midnight Special

This is an all-in-one-mix of several genres: crime, road-movie, sci-fi, drama & religion. But since none of these topics are followed through, this is like laying a false trail to produce & keep suspense high. It partially does, but specifically the end is not at all extraordinary. Quite flat. Something beyond our imagination would have made this movie special. But there is no beyondness. Still worth watching. Solid.

19. Pymo's rating of the film Midnight Special

I will give you the light.

20. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Midnight Special

great cinematography, great score

21. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Midnight Special

The concept bursts with possibilities of deep thematic analysis but falls apart in its follow-through with unfocused ideas. Beginning as a mysterious, promising examination of faith (whether it be in god or science) but lacking regard to broaching the father-son dynamic that would've connected its last act's familial paens. The relationship between Shannon and Edgerton is oddly much deeper and more profound.

22. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film Midnight Special

Delizioso, è proprio quella fantascienza anni '80 che richiama esplicitamente Incontri Ravvicinati e Starman, quel tipo di genere "positivo" che ormai è difficile vedere. C'è sempre un rapporto centrale tra padre e figlio, com'era in Take Shelter, e Nichols sceglie ancora Michael Shannon che ha una faccia perfetta ed è impossibile non volergli bene. Intrigante anche tutta la parte con la NSA e bravissimo Adam Driver.

23. Trunfos's rating of the film Midnight Special

7,1. Some question left unnanswered

24. anarresti's rating of the film Midnight Special

Tech-spiritual tale that, in a weird way, reminded me of Terence McKenna. Another one of this recent tendency to merge religion (specially biblical, messianic and/or apocalyptic references) with sci-fi. This one actually has a nice slow-pace narrative flow, reminiscent of films like Fargo, and other aspects that make it interesting. Still, it feels like cinema using its own ready-made ingredients.