1. petit astronaute's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

3.5/5 Their chatting reminded me of Tarantino characters' type of talking.

3. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

This is a great film about deceit that, much like 'The Heartbreak Kid', doesn't care to delve into the deceit aspect in any real way. It's really May's direction that makes the film worth a double take - I am still puzzled and fascinated by it. A must see.

4. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

I rewatched it and this time I found amazing.

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

Great performances; no surprise there.

6. Muraki's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

THERE'S NO BETTER FRIENDSHIP MOVIE!

7. Quattro's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

It's pretty much all about talking, talking, talkin'about everything and about nothing. Great acting, so genuine. The cinematography is so rough it gains a peculiar aesthetic value; and the editing's just bad, but I wouldn't like it otherwise. It's the kind of movie you know to be not perfect – not at all, but that's the very reason why you love it. That's precisely the kind of movie I love to discover here on MUBI.

8. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

The sense of dread that pervades Mikey and Nicky is almost unbearable. In this dog eat dog world, all women are portrayed as cognitively impaired bitches, violence is pervasive, and social relationships are physically and psychologically abusive.

9. Vasco Bação's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

10. Said Diaz's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

Gran pelicula, explorar la amistad de dos amigos y como puede cambiar en un momento, recomendable.

11. DVC's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

Excelente película donde, a partir de una trama simple de intriga y suspense, se narra con gran riqueza de matices las ambiguas relaciones de dos amigos de la infancia y se lleva a cabo una interesante y compleja reflexión sobre la amistad, el egoísmo, la lealtad y la supervivencia. Magníficas las interpretaciones de John Cassavetes y Peter Falk, y extraordinaria la dirección de Elaine May. Una de mis favoritas

12. captainfez's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

A night of greasy punching-on.

13. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

Possibly the best film about male friendship ever made.

14. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

I don't think there's any other movie in the world that portrays the beauty and ugliness of life long friendships as honestly and painfully as this one. And, just like Heartbreak kid, it's so underrated it makes me angry! Elaine May really knew how to write these man-child characters like nobody else.

15. panagiotatos's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

A great movie by all means, tour de force by both Cassavetes and Falk. A chronicle of a mobsters friendship which through twists and turns and suspense climaxes in a grand finale.

16. fearraigh's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

The plot's a bit rickety but Falk, Cassevetes and May more than make for it with the brilliance of the improv. A sad but enthralling film.

17. Renton47's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

A literal dark night of the soul - this might be one of the grimiest and most dimly lit films I've seen. This feels anti-gangster without any true subversion, I think it must be the anxiety and futility of these men, both portrayed with empathy. Their inherent violence is challenged every time they encounter other people, first in the bar, the bus and most powerfully the apartment. Natural and potent.

18. Darko's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

I didn't expect that I could have missed to watch such a masterpiece before today and I am grateful for this rainy day ending with Mikey and Nicky!!

19. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

Had huge expectations of this film but was disappointed. Cassavetes is self-indulgent and Falk is his usual charming, limited self. It doesn't add up to much although the end is moving.

20. junai_rnr's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

Excelente film. Maravilloso Cassavetes como siempre y hace un gran dúo con Peter Falk. Personajes complejos que son presentados de manera magistral

21. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

Review: https://letterboxd.com/dynamitefilms/film/mikey-and-nicky/

22. Eva Bosch's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

A film about men carved by a woman. Excellent!

23. Aube James's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

If true friendship is seen through the heart--and not the eyes--Elaine May asks if the friendship among Mikey and Nicky were true. Her film refrains from judging the two men's subjective truth as seen on the final shot.

24. yannisky's rating of the film Mikey and Nicky

Intense performances with great improvised dialogue . I would say it's Tarantino-esque before its time - but the emotional range is so much deeper.