1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Mimic

2. Ethan's rating of the film Mimic

This is a decent horror film that has a lot of potential. It would be great to see a director's cut of this film.

3. HKFanatic's rating of the film Mimic

Joins the short list of flawed but interesting films from otherwise talented filmmakers that aren't made any better by their long-delayed director's cuts (see also: Clive Barker's "Nightbreed"). The visual aesthetics here are superlative, but the script mashes together ideas from "Alien" and Cronenberg's "The Fly," only without the compelling characters or emotional stakes. Catholic imagery will only get you so far.

4. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Mimic

A film I enjoyed greatly for its cool effects and atmospheric urban underbelly. It's definitely good for a watch.

5. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Mimic

6. el.'s rating of the film Mimic

How very awful. And me liking bugs didn't help much.

7. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film Mimic

It feels over-processed and compromised, which is utterly unlike the individualistic overall design of other Del Toro works. It does offer glimpses of his visual ingenuity and a creepy enough vibe, just not his soul.

8. Addy K.'s rating of the film Mimic

MIMIC was bastardized by the studio and del Toro almost swore off filmmaking. But somehow a director's cut emerged (after the success of PAN'S LABYRINTH) and del Toro went on to establish himself as a successful Hollywood director. MIMIC's limitations as strict genre film forced him to work exclusively on creating mood (gorgeous sets, lighting, creatures) transforming the damp, dark underground into an awful horror.

9. Dan's rating of the film Mimic

But can anyone dream up a set better than Del Toro?

10. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Mimic

There is an sequel to the thing and noone noticed.

11. Tiago Batista Santos's rating of the film Mimic

7/10 Guillermo del Toro still finding his way.

12. Gabriele Taddei's rating of the film Mimic

Bell'horror, peccato Del Toro non avesse in Final Cut, finale americanata e non negativo come pensato dal regista

13. mjgildea's rating of the film Mimic

1 1/2 out of 5 stars. Awful! None of Guillermo Del Toro's visual charm is really present here. Aside from Mira Sorvino's 90s cuteness the cast is weak but Josh Brolin and a Norman Reedus scene helped get me through some bad CGI and a lot of unexplained horseshit. The only good thing about Mimic is that it didn't manage to kill Del Toro's career.

14. Rocketeam's rating of the film Mimic

15. film_lies101's rating of the film Mimic

16. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Mimic

Good premise but ends up filled with the usual cliches and the "jump in your seat" scares. Del Toro already showed us he can do a lot better than this.

17. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Mimic

Del Toro takes the tired and cliched and makes it a very creepy and effective thriller with a visual flair that could've been mediocre.

18. Tigrão's rating of the film Mimic

The first half is brilliant. the second one underground is a bit conventional but it still works damn well.

19. MarcH's rating of the film Mimic

Totally impressed. I felt like I should have been laughing at it, or finding it absurd...but I was too frightened. I'm ok with the compromised, studio-imposed ending...there's plenty of dark, Del Toro touches that made it through (including his recurring traumatic theme of children vs. monsters).

20. Mugino's rating of the film Mimic

At his 2011 TIFF talk, Del Toro described this first brush with American studios as a demoralizing experience that very nearly killed his drive to make films; it also coincided with the kidnapping of his father. While those things have impacted the film, there are still some uniquely creepy Del Toro touches, even if you're not entomophobic. He gleefully broke two taboos in one scene: killing off children and a dog.

21. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Mimic

Flawed, but like Alien 3, another studio debut from an uncanny artist (and with another sturdy performance from Charles Dutton, now that I think of it), to me it's fascinating and shows crazy potential that's since blossomed. I still really like this movie but I get that it's not what it could be.