1. Luluah's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

I like the idea of minimalism to be presented in any consumer society but I don't like the way they show it in this documentary..

2. eleventries's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

El primer trailer era muy bueno. Y no sé si siempre fue la idea, o se cambio cuando se dieron cuenta de que era muy ambicioso el plan, pero el titulo debería ser menos general/amplio y quizás más relacionado con lo que es el documental; un "viaje" de dos tipos por EE.UU.

3. Aukse's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

The topic interests me but I didn't really learn much from the film. We all heard about how bad consumerism is. The portrait of the guys (the others were presented less) weren't inspiring enough as well as lack of creativity in the film - the director has chosen the conventional way of telling a story

4. vordven's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

5. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

Although it lacks political propositions, three stars: one for streaming this all over the globe via Netflix - and I prefer young people watching this instead of blonde-funny-sitcoms or 6-pack-action-bombing; another for standing a voice from within the problem and touch people with their message - knowing that stopping consumism is just utopic; and the last for predicting alfa consumers behavior. Nice try.

6. Gabriella F's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

I'm not a minimalist, but I am careful with what I buy and how much I want/like or need it, and I think this is a bit exaggerated. Simplicity might help curing a depression/bad state of mind, but it is a simplicity in a mindful-like concept, not necessarily only relating to your belongings.

7. keremebrulee's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

This could have been valuable. Instead it turned out to be a couple of white, American dudes trying to find a completely apolitical and artificial solution to a problem that their kind, for the most part, created in the first place.

8. smndvdcl's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

A challenge to our insatiable appetite for 'stuff'.

9. Sara Castro's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

Enough with the hugging, jeez.

10. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

Privileged white people complain about first world problems in a series of repetitive, didactic, and ultimately vacuous vignettes. The result is an appalling "documentary" that would appeal only to Bay Area clean eating techies on their way to faux redemption. This self indulgent infomercial for muji and "frictionless lifestyles" is shameless. Minimalism does not offer a solution: in fact, it's part of the problem.

11. kindredp's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

12. nietzschicharonsky's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

reading the goodreads reviews of their book is interesting

13. BernardoL's rating of the film Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

There is no question that consumerism doesn't necessarily lead to happiness. But this documentary is just two morons with a holier than thou attitude trying to make money (check the services they offer on their website, they even have a dating coach) by repackaging an idea that is as old as civilization itself.