1. FISCHER's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Les thèmes chers à l'acteur / réalisateur John Cassavetes sont tous présents et Gena Rowlands est une fois de plus remarquable et lumineuse... www.cinefiches.com

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Love Cassavetes, but I'm on the fence. Its central thesis is in praise of togetherness, on how a happy family can be started from having nothing in common and from a drive that has as much to do with desperation as with love. So it's less a love story than a blind hope story, meaning that the relationship of the two leads is (probably by intent) hard to grasp. Any love they have for each other is purely theoretical.

3. Au Hasard's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

4. Dalibor's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

I find it a bit far-fetched to dedicate this one to ''everyone who didn't marry the person they should have'', as only the trademark L.A. blond seemed to have settled for less here, introduced to nothing but sketchy weirdos. Still, their seemingly improvised monologues can make it a fun watch if you ignore they are nothing but violent persuasion of their forever-lost case.

5. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Typical offbeat Cassavetes at his best. Cassel and Rowlands are fantastic together as they go through the stages of feeling.

6. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

"There's some kind of craziness going on that's just not right!" No kidding; these hysterics are only capable by the inimitable Cassavetes and his cronies.

7. João Vuvu's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

I think so much about you that I even forget to pee, Goddamnit.

8. El Biffo's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Gena Rowlands and Seymour Cassel are brilliant (of course), but there is also an appearance by the legendary Tim Carey! He is great.

9. GIYGAS's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

are all the men in LA the worst people on earth or just the ones in this film?

10. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

A cringe comedy made with joy and affection rather than the cynicism and misanthropy that tend to go along with latter-day incarnations of the form. And Zelmo! Poor Zelmo.

11. Stevie's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

A true ode to oddball, flawed relationships with fantastic performances all round. I really love how both John Cassavetes' mother and Gena Rowlands' mother are both in this. Val Avery and Timothy Carey's cameos are glorious. A very high 8/10.

12. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

A misogynist fantasy of "reality" and not funny at all. Gena barely makes it watchable.

13. marina's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

almost didn't finish. cassel's chararter irritated me to no end. gena rowlands kept me going.

14. orangey's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

This was a horror movie for me

15. mjgildea's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Minnie and Moskowitz started off so strong (the drinking scene between Minnie and Florence alone is worth the watch) but about an hour in my tolerance for Seymour Cassel's character just completely gave out until between him and the dopey and sappy ending I just couldn't take it anymore. Despite this, the scene with Zelmo was hysterically awkward. "Look at your eyes, they're so moist!" -- a riot!

16. Natalia La Terza's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Le roselline in testa a Gena Rowlands. Ma soprattutto: "I think about you so much, I forget to go to the bathroom!"

17. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Underrated, it's better than Opening Night. Question to anyone alive during the 70's, did people really beat the crap out of each other like this?

18. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Cassavates´ funniest film. I don´t understand why it is not in the canon. Rowlands is so intense.

19. michelle's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

This poor woman getting hassled back and forth.

20. Scottie Ferguson's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Seems to get name-dropped much less often than the rest of Cassavetes' major features, and I don't understand why; love has always been a major theme of his work and never is dealt with more directly than here. One of Cassavetes' best, warmest, and most accessible films. Needless to say Rowlands is great, as is Seymour Cassel.

21. Mark Keith's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

YAY!!! IT STEAMS ON NETFLIX. I saw this once -- 38-39 years ago -- and it has stuck with me.

22. Colton Bose's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Too beautiful for words. Ranks among "L'Atalante" and "Pierrot le fou" as my favorite love story.

23. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

As I said of "The Passion of Anna" being Bergman's "Love Story", I suppose this would do for being Cassavetes' "Love Story". This one really breaks all the primary illusions you find in romance films, from being "unlucky in love" to the ritual of "meeting of the parents." Recommended in line with "The Passion of Anna" and Kaurismaki's "Shadows in Paradise."

24. prestidigitator's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz