1. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

_ Le cinéma, c'est une conspiration

2. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

I'm clearly getting old. It produced exactly the same effect on me that Woody Allen/Diane Keaton films have on me recently, which is that people grow old but they don't grow up, i.e Woody Allen and J. Cassavetes I suppose. It creates such a sense of futile, relentless hysteria that I gave up about 10 minutes before the end, which is a funny time to give up, clearly.....

3. AALC's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Stunning characters and stunning actors. What a great atmosphere and dialogues. So simple, so different and so charming. Loved it!

4. Ludovic72's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Ce mélange de drame social et de comédie romantique azimutée n'est pas toujours bien équilibré, son humour noir se met parfois à patiner… mais Gena Rowlands et Seymour Cassel réussissent presque à faire oublier ces défauts. Les seconds rôles - dont Cassavetes lui-même - sont également de haute volée. Comme toujours, l'iconoclaste américain donne à voir des paumés hystériques avec une empathie joyeuse et assez unique.

5. Dead Sam's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

This is one hot fudge sundae of a relationship with extra nuts on top. Gets its syrupy fingers all over black and white romance, but sets up plenty of its own odd expectations.

6. Nathan Peres's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Not a big fan of this one. The interactions between the characters feel unnatural and the movie indirectly does condone the idea of not respecting a woman’s choice to be left alone.

7. The Society of Malcontents's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

'movies are a conspiracy. They set you up from the time you were a little kid to believe in ideals and strength and good guys and romance and of course, love. Love… So, you believe it. You go out. You start looking. Doesn’t happen and you keep looking... It doesn't exist. That’s the truth. But the movies set you up and no matter how bright you are, you believe it'

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

9. Bruno's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

This disturbing movie is occasionally funny, overwhelmed as the laughs are by the depressing (not just saddening) ambiance. From a misstress-beater to a joyful, likable harasser, she goes, in between spirits, as a fragile object that can be taken in the hand, and let go of. That ending is stuck in your throat as the promise of further loneliness, this time vowed to and without the cherishable blessings it usually has

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Les thèmes chers à l'acteur / réalisateur John Cassavetes sont tous présents et Gena Rowlands est une fois de plus remarquable et lumineuse... www.cinefiches.com

11. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Love Cassavetes, but I'm on the fence. Its central thesis is in praise of togetherness, on how a happy family can be started from having nothing in common and from a drive that has as much to do with desperation as with love. So it's less a love story than a blind hope story, meaning that the relationship of the two leads is (probably by intent) hard to grasp. Any love they have for each other is purely theoretical.

12. Au Hasard's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

13. Dalibor's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

I find it a bit far-fetched to dedicate this one to ''everyone who didn't marry the person they should have'', as only the trademark L.A. blond seemed to have settled for less here, introduced to nothing but sketchy weirdos. Still, their seemingly improvised monologues can make it a fun watch if you ignore they are nothing but violent persuasion of their forever-lost case.

14. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Typical offbeat Cassavetes at his best. Cassel and Rowlands are fantastic together as they go through the stages of feeling.

15. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

"There's some kind of craziness going on that's just not right!" No kidding; these hysterics are only capable by the inimitable Cassavetes and his cronies.

16. João Vuvu's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

I think so much about you that I even forget to pee, Goddamnit.

17. El Biffo's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Gena Rowlands and Seymour Cassel are brilliant (of course), but there is also an appearance by the legendary Tim Carey! He is great.

18. GIYGAS's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

are all the men in LA the worst people on earth or just the ones in this film?

19. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

A cringe comedy made with joy and affection rather than the cynicism and misanthropy that tend to go along with latter-day incarnations of the form. And Zelmo! Poor Zelmo.

20. Stevie's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

A true ode to oddball, flawed relationships with fantastic performances all round. I really love how both John Cassavetes' mother and Gena Rowlands' mother are both in this. Val Avery and Timothy Carey's cameos are glorious. A very high 8/10.

21. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

A misogynist fantasy of "reality" and not funny at all. Gena barely makes it watchable.

22. marina's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

almost didn't finish. cassel's chararter irritated me to no end. gena rowlands kept me going.

23. orangey's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

This was a horror movie for me

24. mjgildea's rating of the film Minnie and Moskowitz

Minnie and Moskowitz started off so strong (the drinking scene between Minnie and Florence alone is worth the watch) but about an hour in my tolerance for Seymour Cassel's character just completely gave out until between him and the dopey and sappy ending I just couldn't take it anymore. Despite this, the scene with Zelmo was hysterically awkward. "Look at your eyes, they're so moist!" -- a riot!