1. Tigrão's rating of the film Miss Bala

Very tight direction, but my main beef with the film is that it's riddled with nonsensical actions and choices from some of the characters, and a total lack of character change in Laura. She's victimized all along and never shows any sign of rebellion.

2. Thorkell's rating of the film Miss Bala

3 1/2. Beautifully filmed. The only problem is the structure. It was rather aimless. It was really well made in every other way.

3. Matti Hjelm's rating of the film Miss Bala

this is similar to "Salvador" by Oliver Stone but even more ralistic documentary style. reminds me of The Pianist. you meet all people and events seen from the angle of miss bala no romanticism no fake in-depth just raw donald has no clue

4. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Miss Bala

There are a lot of absolutely astonishingly well crafted long takes in this Mexican crime drama. Unfortunately, other than that, there isn't all that much to say about it in my opinion. Some of the performances felt quite clunky and insincere at times, and honestly got quite bored by it. I just didn't believe in the some of the characters's decisions and motivations, and that just totally killed it for me.

5. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Miss Bala

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Miss Bala

Sur la récurrente thématique d'une corruption généralisée qui gangrène certains pays sud-américains, leurs institutions légales et politiques, une oeuvre pessimiste et sombre qui fait la part belle à la violence et à la corruption dont les victimes, à l'image de Laura Guerrero, sont les anonymes citoyens d'un pays en voie de devenir une criminelle réplique des cartels colombiens. www.cinefiches.com

7. Renton47's rating of the film Miss Bala

'Miss Bala', while certainly technically proficient, also feels emotionally hollow. I can't decide if the technique has the effect of immersing us in Guerrero's narrative, or if, like a videogame, it cheapens it (I didn't question this in 'Son of Saul'). That the narrative itself is confusing, meandering, is my main dilemma with this film.

8. Lou Abrego's rating of the film Miss Bala

Buena cinematografia, pero la actriz no me hizo sentir ningun nivel de empatia hacia ella.

9. Xose Manoel Ramos's rating of the film Miss Bala

Vedea sen prexuizos: parece que esta todo dito na sinopsis, pero a realización e todo o que se amosa é brutalmente convincente (e probablemente real)

10. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Miss Bala

Gerardo Naranjo se aleja de lo que nos impresionó con Drama/Mex su narrativa dentro de las tragedias cotidianas. Nos presenta una película que nunca toma su camino, en momentos vacía, en momentos no encuentras esa conexión con la protagonista, parecería qu el sufrimiento es sólo de ella y nunca del espectador.

11. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Miss Bala

12. Inconnue's rating of the film Miss Bala

13. alexia's rating of the film Miss Bala

as a mexican girl raised in the cradle of drug trafficking i can assure you This Is Painfully Real

14. ugur's rating of the film Miss Bala

15. dialupmodem's rating of the film Miss Bala

a necessary story! so powerful! beautifully shot and beautiful lead !

16. Rozk0's rating of the film Miss Bala

Es sólo una película más de narcos y violencia mexicana.

17. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Miss Bala

A powerful & masterfully shot "thriller verité" that serves as a gloomy metaphor about how mexican society is completely hands-tied within the drug war.

18. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Miss Bala

Naranjo deja de lado las travesuras de la pubertad para desarrollar en su tercer filme una inclinación más social. Nuevamente el protagonista principal es una adolescente, no absorbida por las hormonas, sino por la violencia. Tal vez lo más valioso de "Miss Bala" es que se las ingenia para aglutinar diversas mecánicas sobre cómo funciona la narcoviolencia. Fuera de eso, es una historia que no pasa del folletín.

19. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Miss Bala

Reveals a smart plot within a clumsy style. Review and rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2012/05/miss-bala-2011.html

20. Heikan's rating of the film Miss Bala

Mi principal queja con la película es que le falta un final sólido. Lo mismo se puede decir de la presidencia de Calderón y de su guerra con... ooh, I get it. Fuera de mamadas, muy buena película.

21. msmichel's rating of the film Miss Bala

Fascinating on target picture from director Naranjo (Drama/Mex) looking at the state of modern Mexico's lawlessness and moral bankruptcy. A young girl with visions of a beauty queen life inadverantly finds herself drawn into the struggle between drug runners, corrupt police, the dea and the military machine as she becomes a pawn to all. Young Sigman is a natural talent here and we share her journey intimately. Aces.

22. Brad's rating of the film Miss Bala

Saw this at VIFF- a very intense, authentic portrayal of the level of violence and corruption in mexico.

23. Whyte Nite's rating of the film Miss Bala

I can't get this movie out of my head.

24. Graham Ball's rating of the film Miss Bala

I've owned this film for ages on DVD and just finished watching it. More fool me for leaving it so long. Great film, that just hurtles along at a relentless pace and never lets up. Personally, I have no first hand experience of the Mexican drug world but it looks brutal, unforgiving and exhausting. A mood perfectly portrayed in this effortlessly authentic film. One to watch again!