1. Patrick John's rating of the film Miss Representation

Very first-wave feminism. Cool message.

2. libeka's rating of the film Miss Representation

3. Catarina Silva's rating of the film Miss Representation

this lost ALL credibility when it quote known misogynist, Ghandi

4. Mugino's rating of the film Miss Representation

Yes, it's lightweight but it's a terrific primer for young viewers. A more probing analysis requires a full series.

5. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Miss Representation

Necessary viewing. Does it expand into the depths of feminism and feminist theory? No, but it could be crucial viewing for someone who is of the belief that feminism means blaming or belittling men. If this is the first step that someone needs to take in order to become a feminist, then it's a great place to start.

6. sister chromatid's rating of the film Miss Representation

Sorely lacks an intersectional analysis of the issues it raises, but still useful in some regard.

7. Akosua Adasi's rating of the film Miss Representation

Watched this in Grade Nine health class and it gave me such a new view on things and gave me insight into the minds of my classmates "politics"

8. Mon's rating of the film Miss Representation

Introductory and repetitive, would be nice to see a more in-depth discussion of intersectional politics for a change

9. Ruby's rating of the film Miss Representation

Maybe not a documentary with the most comprehensive amount of feminist theory possible, but still extremely important for entry level knowledge. Esp. love how many WoC are featured. Someone like Laverne Cox representing trans women could have been a great addition to this doco

10. amysimpson's rating of the film Miss Representation

Very good, really opened my eyes to a lot that I had just kind of considered normal.

11. Ally's rating of the film Miss Representation

You know what? I'm pretty disappointed at those commenting. Does it touch on all feminist issues, or have good coverage of the history of women's rights? Hell no, but it's a feminist documentary, made by women, starring big names of powerful/inspirational women, that reaches a large audience. That is wonderful, and will continue to be wonderful.

12. themotherandthewhore's rating of the film Miss Representation

As mentioned, this film touches upon introductory information when dealing with feminist issues in society. As the film progresses, the subjects discuss a variety of complex social issues when dealing with media and the adverse effects on the human psyche. What disturbed me the most was the media bashing of female politicians and women in power and how this relates to power dynamics in a patriarchal society.

13. michelle's rating of the film Miss Representation

Extremely basic. This was the first feminist doc I remember watching, though, and I think it served as a fair introduction. I've heard it being accused of slut shaming before and, although I don't agree with the claim, I do remember the film only spoke of beauty in the context of belittling women.

14. spinninglovestory's rating of the film Miss Representation

Should be compulsory viewing in schools. Simplistic and obvious for most of us but a good starting point for the young I think.

15. Hazel Cills's rating of the film Miss Representation

Very obvious and doesn't really "uncover" anything. Might be a good film to show children or teenagers who are unaware of sexism in the media.

16. Lona's rating of the film Miss Representation

A lot of irrelevant statistics thrown around, but there's some interesting footage in there.

17. Elliot Kern's rating of the film Miss Representation

An earnest and sweet film, but kind of "miss" represents the issue--offers little to no perspective on the socioeconomic, racial, and other factors germane to understanding gender oppression in media.