1. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Mission to Mars

De Palma should've never gotten into big-budget science-fiction.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Sur un sujet de commande, Brian de Palma livre un premier film de science-fiction qui comporte de très grands moments de mise en scène, mais déçoit tout de même un peu... www.cinefiches.com

3. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Not nearly as bad as what you could expect, reading the terrible reviews. It is an action film without action, closer from "Solaris" than from "Gravity" and full of De Palma signature shots. Of course you will find some gigantic flaws as in any De Palma film but hey it is still better than the average sci-fi movie !

4. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Brian De Palma's THE TREE OF LIFE.

5. Renton47's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Will probably never receive its dues as a prototype for 'Interstellar' and 'Prometheus', this is an interesting case of when our cool modern detachment betrays us, asking us to sacrifice wonder in our rational quest for good dialogue and acting. Maybe the best use of cameras in space since '2001', and I suspect that ending will be joyous for those who trust De Palma. A gorgeous hot mess.

6. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Ce Seul sur Mars avant l'heure est du même niveau de Soapitude que le film de Scott. Sauf qu'ici, pour le même prix, on a ET.

7. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Müziklerini, kamera kullanımını ve Long take çekimlerini beğendiğim, genel olarak vasat ve klişe bulduğum bir Brian De Palma filmi. Aslında Tim Robbins, Jerry O'Connell ve Gary Sinise gibi oyuncuları da görünce fazlasıyla umutlanmıştım fakat izledikten sonra filmi onların bile kurtaramadığını gördüm.

8. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Brilliant sound, great images, atrocious ending!

9. Ghostman's rating of the film Mission to Mars

10. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Mission to Mars

I like Brian De Palma, and I like this movie in theory—a sci-fi film of clean-cut innocence and intentional artifice, with some great zero-g camerawork and a really inventive, unusual score. But working in theory isn't enough, and too much of the film doesn't work on screen. It's alright to earnestly pay homage to 50 years of sci-fi cliches, but you have to capture why we/you love them in the first place.

11. João''s rating of the film Mission to Mars

In this film, De Palma puts his most aesthetic direction at the service of humanism; the result is emotion - a joyous, moving, and sincere film about overcoming fear, pursuing dreams, and, ultimately, through the attainment of knowledge, hope in the afterlife. It's sad its depth and poetry don't have a chance against the skepticism of the usual moviegoer; a beautiful and underrated film from a great director.

12. Zach Closs's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Likely one of the most well-used VHS tapes to be found around my house when I was a little kid, and it isn't hard to see why. De Palma's romantic marriage of modernistic space-exploration and classic Flash Gordon/Barsoom-esque sci-fi mysticism made all the far off worlds of my young imagination seem so attainable. The conclusion remains a powerful, nostalgic experience for me.

13. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Actually Great. Gravity, Interstellar and the Martian take from this film big time.

14. tiago's rating of the film Mission to Mars

I was prepared for a hell of a mess, what I got instead : truly great film with somewhat of a weak script. But, you guys, sometimes script can be overrated, its just an improvisation, an excuse so that moment of pure cinematic pleasure can be achieved, especially by a director like De Palma, so many scenes in his movies are about color, gestures, camera movements.. I was really inspired by this one ! 4 stars.

15. Ryan Pearce's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Three things I'd change about this film. Remove the horrible Tim Robbins, the soundtrack, and change Gary Sinise's hairstyle.

16. fabridoss's rating of the film Mission to Mars

I can almost listen Radiohead's "No Surprises" playing during Sinise's last scene. It would be hilarious. Hilarious would be something better; much better.

17. MGeo's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Everyone all knows Brian De Palma hasn't recaptured the fire in a bottle he set loose on the world with Carrie, The Untouchables, and Scarface; this disastrous mess of a movie is indicative of it. It takes itself so seriously and tries to be something more than it actually is. Post Mission: Impossible Brian De Palma is nothing but crap, his time has come and gone.

18. suddenmoves's rating of the film Mission to Mars

19. Tigrão's rating of the film Mission to Mars

It's not a bad film at all like I heard. It is a weird sci-fi film with a weird pace and rhythm, but in a way, it is also beautiful and haunting.

20. Subterranean Cinema's rating of the film Mission to Mars

"Mission to Mars" could have been good, but it had 1) Gary Sinise wearing too much eyeliner, 2) Tim Robbins playing a smug goody-goody actually named Woody (LMAO!) who is so self-righteous that when he sacrifices his own life for the crew with his Christly vapid "Hudsucker" grin, you want to pull his plug and finish him off already, and 3) the computer voice is like HAL meets the robot from Buck Rogers 79.

21. Guillermo Vásquez's rating of the film Mission to Mars

to watch an expresion of red sentimental stuff.

22. kopfkompass's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Great end!!! If you are on LSD, I mean.

23. PrincessofNevermore797's rating of the film Mission to Mars

24. Publius's rating of the film Mission to Mars

Just saw this on TV for the first time in a few years. Baaaaad movie. Ennio Morricone's score is honestly horrible.