1. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

2. sacajawèale's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

3. remainder's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

Gene Hackman makes the effort worth

4. el.'s rating of the film Mississippi Burning

humans are mostly scum, but thank god for Gene Hachman

5. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

3.5 // gggeeennneeee hhhaaackkkkmmmaaan!!!

6. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

3.5. i didnt like the whole "white people comin in to save black people" thing but still good movie !!

7. andretz's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

8. Jamie Hughes's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

9. correy baldwin's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

Powerful, despite being yet another film focusing on the White American's perspective. Gene Hackman has such charisma here.

10. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

11. Francisco Mouraz's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

One must just love Gene Hackman...

12. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

The film follows a very clear formula, but Alan Parker's multi-layered vision delivers enough stunners to make it surprisingly poignant. Plus, Gene Hackman's performance is a must-see.

13. Mike A's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

Not as bad as I thought it would be after reading Kael's, Rosenbaum's and Jim Emerson's pans. Parker knows how to load menace into wordless moments, and most of the time he shows both a patient gaze and a good sense of when to break from it. There are some cheap, garish moments that reminded me of his more flamboyant films, but they're relatively few. In terms of poltics, history and morality it's garbage.

14. (arc)'s rating of the film Mississippi Burning

i dont remember this film, i just remember it scaring the crap out of me when i was little .

15. yuriwalker's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

Baseball is the only game where a black man can raise a stick at a white man without causing a riot.

16. tima's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

I remember first watching this when i was about 8 or 9 years old. I disliked white people for like a week and didn't talk to my white friends at school.

17. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

Why Brad Douriff is not more well known is so fucking annoying. So is intolerance.

18. Dukkha-post's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

19. Lorena M.'s rating of the film Mississippi Burning

Once again white people shown as the heroes during the Civil Rights movement (Another example The Help), when they were the oppressor rather then the oppressed!

20. Christopher Scott Zeidel's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

Still a great film. Has held up well.

21. meancreek's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

Miraculously constructed and confidently performed. A rare historical film that finds a perfect balance between glorifying and being sympathetic. Absolutely stunning.

22. Daniela's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

I'm really disturbed I was shown this in highschool without being told it's FBI white people propaganda o.o;;;

23. SeanMichael's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

This shows moments of greatness but never amounting to something truly amzaing.

24. Caden Cotard's rating of the film Mississippi Burning

It's not Crash, but it's a bash-over-the-head antiracism film. (Don't interpret that as me being racist; I just don't like preachy movies). Thankfully, it's got three terrific central performances, and Oscar-winning cinematography. It's still a bit disappointing, though.