1. PeaceMaker93's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

Maybe I'm not fan enough to like this documentary about the National... It had some great moments but in the end I couldn't build a relationship to the characters.

2. kktzen's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

3. Claudia Wieser's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

The problem of the film is, its about the filmmaker and his ego. Thats pretty boring

4. zoe's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

sibling rivalry...love, jealousy, supportiveness

5. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

"Do you have any kind of organization for the film?", asks Matt in the beginning. Let's answer instead of his brother: "No!" This whole documentary is an amateurish, dispensable failure.

6. Onbestendig's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

7. pickledelephant's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

I think this picture quite perfectly shows a feeling - one that each and everyone of us could feel, even without having Matt Berninger as older brother.

8. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

"Tom, you focus on the wrong stuff"

9. lautrededor's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

I'm surprised they allowed that dumbass to go through with this "movie". Do we need to see the family issues of the Berningers in a movie about The Natonal?

10. Pymo's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

Brother: I love u, I hate u, I'm u!

11. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

This is not so much a documentary as it is a portrait of brotherhood and fame. It was a trial/error experience that survived. And it does work. It has the power to surprise you and give something more to the table than the regular tour doc with the band's music playing in the background. It's real and profound. I am a die-hard fan of the band, but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't have any trouble enjoying it.

12. Jamie Hughes's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

13. Sergiu Scripcă's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

Consistently funny, and occasionally sad, like a The National-themed version of Spinal Tap or The Office, except supposedly it's not a mockumentary. (Though can it really be both an unexaggerated, unfictionalized look at Tom Berninger, and the product of his own directorial vision, unfiltered by someone else's satirical perspective?)

14. Simon Reid's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

It deserves some credit for trying salvage something different from an abortive standard rock documentary (however disingenuously), but it's dull. Whilst there's not much of interest to say about The National, there's only slightly more in the Berningers' sibling rivalry.

15. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

:( But I still love their music.

16. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

17. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

18. msmichel's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

A novelty in the world of rock documentaries as this is more a document of a relationship between brothers. The younger Berninger has long felt he lived in the shadow of his rock star brother and decides to take advantage of a job offer (to roadie) and shoot a documentary at the same time.HIs ineptness as an employee reaps dividends in the footage captured making this a rare and honest back stage glimpse. Well done.

19. marcorenton's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

A documentary on Tom Berninger, the brother of the singer from The National.

20. TakaAwesome's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers

The National is probably my favorite band. Need to see this.

21. dedalusjmmr's rating of the film Mistaken for Strangers