1. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Mistress America

2. érzéki's rating of the film Mistress America

I feel the need to preface with my dislike for Frances Ha. I have a penchant for unlikable characters and this movie started out feeling like a run-of-the-mill indie films, with contrived dialogue and misplaced namedrops... but it ended up finding its groove (awkwardly), being very realistically funny, and oddly heartwarming. By the end, I ended up really liking Greta Gerwig.

3. Jeremy's rating of the film Mistress America

I really wanted to like this. Greta & Lola make the best of what they have to work with, but the script & direction are sorely lacking. In more capable hands, this could have been something pretty special. Gave it an extra star for including OMD's "Souvenir" not once but twice.

4. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Mistress America

5. DenoResandono's rating of the film Mistress America

MISTRESS AMERICA is one of the most enjoyable movie that I've ever seen. Greta Gerwig and Lola Kirke are the perfect choice to be in this movie. I loved their unique, funny, and strange relationship in this movie. I also loved how Noah Baumbach and Greta Gerwig wrote the dialogue. The dialogue seems a little bit from nowhere. But it made me want to listen to them talking more and more. It is very entertaining...

6. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film Mistress America

"Sometimes I think I'm a genius. And I wish I could just fast-forward my life to the part where everyone knows it."

7. Vera Sophia's rating of the film Mistress America

Feel good film to watch in a fuck you mood

8. halfbunny's rating of the film Mistress America

9. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Mistress America

It's not FRANCES HA, but Gerwig is everything I need in my life.

10. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Mistress America

Noah Baumbach, you are a potential director. But i took this very personal, you made one of the worst actress alive your fucking muse. Then you let her ruin every fucking film you made and ruin your career. Gerwig is terrible, Baumbach is terrible. I know she really is your 'mistress', ruined your family, and now ruined films. Baumbach, your doom is here.

11. Emily O's rating of the film Mistress America

12. empcollapse's rating of the film Mistress America

i don't know if the purpose of this film was to make the two main characters unlikable yet relatable at the same time. 'light-weight' film that makes you laugh and realize how exhausting and repetitive it is to manage life under capitalism.

13. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Mistress America

14. Khach Glauberrocha's rating of the film Mistress America

15. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Mistress America

Mah, commedia nemmeno troppo frizzante. Il lato metafisico-generazionale odora di bluff

16. ijol's rating of the film Mistress America

I remembered watching this after watching Kore-eda's Our Little Sister on a plane. The theme was somehow similar but the output was definitely on the contrary. It was amazing how different culture makes a different kind of relationship. It was fun and a little frustrating.

17. Marina C.'s rating of the film Mistress America

This was a patience test; I went into this film somewhat innocently wishing for something on the lines of Frances Ha, but lost the hopes entirely at the annoyance every single character provoked in me. Is this an attempt of natural, with a dash of awkwardness daily life humor? Because all it has it's awkwardness - all over the skin, and I wish I hadn't licked it to know.

18. RumbleFish's rating of the film Mistress America

Storia, personaggi, dialoghi e composizione visiva. Sembra così incredibilmente semplice a vederlo.

19. Hank aka Andrea's rating of the film Mistress America

20. Chris's rating of the film Mistress America

occasionally funny and even smart, but it all feels so artificial and once they get to connecticut it became unwatchable

21. JanaMat's rating of the film Mistress America

22. Fabiha's rating of the film Mistress America

"I think I'm sick, and I don't know if my ailment has a name. It's just me sitting and staring at the internet or the television for long periods of time, interspersed by trying to not do that and then lying about it. I'll get so excited about something that it overwhelms me and I can't sleep or do anything and I just am in love with everything but can't figure out how to make myself work in the world."

23. GIYGAS's rating of the film Mistress America

Yes it's more insufferable NYC people but at least it's revved up like a chainsaw this time

24. Graham Ball's rating of the film Mistress America

I really like Noah Baumbach's films. He's a filmmaker I am discovering more and more. He seems relatively prolific as well - which is nice. This one had a really nice naturally occurring feel to it. Played exceptionally understated by the cast (which only enhanced the brilliance), I got a distinctly 'Annie Hall' vibe, but in a really good way. Is Mr Baumbach turning into the new Woody Allen, that's the question?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7