1. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Mistress America

Written by N.Baumbach and G.Gerwig, Mistress America is a (too) soft movie, not exactly the type i got used to when it comes to N.B's style. At least the main characters are well detailed, expressive and likeable and that's precisely how N.B. works with his characters everytime. It was fun enough and had the energy to be not-boring. G.G and L.Kirke contributed decisively to this good mood. 6/10 (Lacks intensity)

2. paul_quixote's rating of the film Mistress America

A bit too high on its own supply but I liked this as a "being a dumbass and meeting some other dumbass and thinking they're the coolest person in the universe but really yr both dumbasses but fondness between humans can nonetheless be meaningful, perhaps a step on the path to being less of a dumbass, or maybe not, being a dumbass isn't the worst thing in the world, life's just gonna continue you know???" thing.

3. ara's rating of the film Mistress America

overwhelmingly white// also any of the conflicts in this film could be resolved with 20 cc's of self awareness// there's not a second of silence in this film// greta's charm doesn't stick too well here

4. letters never sent's rating of the film Mistress America

Greta Wonderful as she is, just plays the same person in every film she is in.

5. janh24's rating of the film Mistress America

6. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Mistress America

It's funny as hell, but I always forget how fucking tragic it is too.

7. Joana China's rating of the film Mistress America

8. João Martins's rating of the film Mistress America

It's cool, it's urban, it's something like Frances Ha all over again. Even in the case of Greta Gerwig that starts this film too. She is actually the main star of both, shining more than ever on this one.

9. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Mistress America

Good but sags a bit during the trip to Connecticut. Nice soundtrack.

10. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Mistress America

11. érzéki's rating of the film Mistress America

I feel the need to preface with my dislike for Frances Ha. I have a penchant for unlikable characters and this movie started out feeling like a run-of-the-mill indie films, with contrived dialogue and misplaced namedrops... but it ended up finding its groove (awkwardly), being very realistically funny, and oddly heartwarming. By the end, I ended up really liking Greta Gerwig.

12. Jeremy's rating of the film Mistress America

I really wanted to like this. Greta & Lola make the best of what they have to work with, but the script & direction are sorely lacking. In more capable hands, this could have been something pretty special. Gave it an extra star for including OMD's "Souvenir" not once but twice.

13. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Mistress America

14. DenoResandono's rating of the film Mistress America

MISTRESS AMERICA is one of the most enjoyable movie that I've ever seen. Greta Gerwig and Lola Kirke are the perfect choice to be in this movie. I loved their unique, funny, and strange relationship in this movie. I also loved how Noah Baumbach and Greta Gerwig wrote the dialogue. The dialogue seems a little bit from nowhere. But it made me want to listen to them talking more and more. It is very entertaining...

15. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film Mistress America

"Sometimes I think I'm a genius. And I wish I could just fast-forward my life to the part where everyone knows it."

16. Vera Sophia's rating of the film Mistress America

Feel good film to watch in a fuck you mood

17. halfbunny's rating of the film Mistress America

18. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Mistress America

It's not FRANCES HA, but Gerwig is everything I need in my life.

19. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Mistress America

Noah Baumbach, you are a potential director. But i took this very personal, you made one of the worst actress alive your fucking muse. Then you let her ruin every fucking film you made and ruin your career. Gerwig is terrible, Baumbach is terrible. I know she really is your 'mistress', ruined your family, and now ruined films. Baumbach, your doom is here.

20. Emily O's rating of the film Mistress America

21. empcollapse's rating of the film Mistress America

i don't know if the purpose of this film was to make the two main characters unlikable yet relatable at the same time. 'light-weight' film that makes you laugh and realize how exhausting and repetitive it is to manage life under capitalism.

22. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Mistress America

23. Khach Aloyan's rating of the film Mistress America

24. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Mistress America

Mah, commedia nemmeno troppo frizzante. Il lato metafisico-generazionale odora di bluff

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7