1. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Mobile Men

2. barebeauty's rating of the film Mobile Men

Unearths a natural humanity with it's playful awareness.

3. Colin Earner's rating of the film Mobile Men

This short is extraordinary. The actor's knowledge of their involvement within the film is a beautiful example of a new level of realism. It's not voyeurism, we aren't spying, it's a natural showmanship.

4. Cependant's rating of the film Mobile Men

Regarde moi, regarde là.

5. Wasunan T's rating of the film Mobile Men

6. anarresti's rating of the film Mobile Men

Don't really know what to say, other than Apichatpong is good, even when he just picks up a camera, gets in the back of a truck and films a couple of guys. He brings something new to cinema. He seems to look at reality differentely. And it's just not technique, like this short demonstrates. There's something, that makes me want to immerse in his cinema, that intrigues me. Some artists make art feel new and fresh.

7. Alexander Peacock's rating of the film Mobile Men

This film has been on my mind for a while now. I saw a comment on the youtube video which put it into a whole other perspective (by rainaholic) basically he says that the first guy shown is an illegal foreign worker, who cannot speak or he'll incriminate himself due to his accent being different, but he points out that he is still a human being. The other, is a free Thai, who can express himself however he likes.

8. - -'s rating of the film Mobile Men

I really liked this short a lot. Very simple concept with little details that make it poetic and poignant. It reminded me a lot of the end of Kiarostami's Close-Up.

9. Spencer Neale's rating of the film Mobile Men

Incredible what can be done with 3 and half minutes! Honest and playful - as "lightsinthedusk" put it - very captivating stuff.

10. sylvain's rating of the film Mobile Men

Mobile Men or how to convey the feeling of freedom in the strongest way without words.

11. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Mobile Men

For a film created from a single, continuous three and a half minute shot of two men in the back of a moving pickup truck, this is hugely captivating stuff. The accidental effect of characters travelling as if by force through the landscape is mesmerising; while the continual thud/crackle/thud of the wind hitting the microphone creates a hypnotic, otherworldly rhythm to the these images of movement without restraint.

12. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Mobile Men

Apichatpong does more ground breaking work with his short films than most film makers do in their lives.

13. Marcus WP's rating of the film Mobile Men

i went from hating this to really really liking it in a matter of months. strange.

14. Jason Miller's rating of the film Mobile Men

An incredible political and social statement about the silence of many people and the redemption of liberty I love this and recommend everyone see it

15. Marcelo's rating of the film Mobile Men

"The pickup truck simulates a small moving island without frontiers where there is freedom to communicate, to see, and to share." Good interview with Apichatpong Weerasethakul about "Mobile Men": http://art-for-the-world.blogspot.com/2009/01/interview-with-apichatpong.html

16. Clarice the Specter's rating of the film Mobile Men

Why all the animosity toward this? (Based on friends' ratings.) This is a miniature masterpiece.

17. Max's rating of the film Mobile Men