1. MS1915's rating of the film Modern Times

Chaplin's social commentary in so smoothly inlayed with the texture of the story.

2. vizija's rating of the film Modern Times

3. Scott Dubin's rating of the film Modern Times

The antics "The Tramp" and "The Gamin" get into from sequence to sequence can come off like a collection of shorts loosely compiled into a movie. Still, I liked the "us against the world" aspect of the young couple trying to make it in a cruel world. Their struggles for work, shelter, and belonging are universal. The slapstick may not hold up as well- but you can see how it influenced I Love Lucy and Loony tunes..

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Modern Times

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Modern Times

>>> Attention chef-d'oeuvre ! www.cinefiches.com

6. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Modern Times

7. MistaRichard's rating of the film Modern Times

Imaginative and cunning slapstick. Out of the bunch, the boat wedge gag and the rollerskates gag were my favourite. That final, unforgettable, dancing scene stands out as a testament to Chaplin's genius.

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Modern Times

8.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Nq

9. ermete polpette's rating of the film Modern Times

10. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Modern Times

11. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Modern Times

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Modern Times

13. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Modern Times

I think this is my favourite Chaplin film. The scene where the machine tries to feed him lunch had me in stitches.

14. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Modern Times

Not Chaplin's best, feeling more like a series of incidents (more so than usual) than a real cohesive whole. None the less still pretty good, and as funny at times as his best stuff.

15. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Modern Times

16. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Modern Times

Bien sûr Paulette Goddard était si belle, mais c'est tous, il y en avait plus.

17. Лиич's rating of the film Modern Times

Master of cinema, genius of humor his movies are pure joy to watch!

18. ceknklsn's rating of the film Modern Times

19. Elina E's rating of the film Modern Times

A perfect farewell to Chaplin's Tramp character.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Modern Times

Chaplin meets Benjamin. And I'm all about that.

21. elif jazel's rating of the film Modern Times

22. Mateusz's rating of the film Modern Times

23. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Modern Times

"Modern Times" not only contains one of the finest Chaplin scores (and we know today that he really took care about every detail of instrumentation in dictating his coworkers how to write it down... in spite of what he told in public) but also some of the most iconic sequences of all his films like the song scene, the demonstration, the factory sequence, the roller skates scene and of course the beautiful last shot.

24. Dale Wittig's rating of the film Modern Times

His first talkie fortunately doesn't have too much talk, but it benefits from Chaplin's score and his wonderful song is sung in a delightful nonsensical mixture of the Romance languages. His confrontation with the modern working world gives the honest origin to his tramp and his night in the department store fills that consumer palace with the properly somnolent spirit where outrageous coincidence is oddly right.

← Previous 1 3 4 5