1. DSPRKY's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

A spy spoof with some inventive shots, but marred by impotent editing and a general lack of fun. The jokes don't really land and there are simply too many costume changes to keep track of. The best reason to watch the film is to let Monica Vitti dazzle you with her on-screen antics for another two hours. (Ignore the fact that her English is less than fluent and her singing fairly terrible.) 2.5 stars.

2. Ethan's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

This is a fun, campy little film and Monica Vitti is hot as fuck as she navigates her way through this film full of absurdities.

3. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

Definitely from the curious wing of Losey's canon and firmly alongside that other verbose misfire, Boom. These grandiose explosions of superb art direction - but little else - sit uncomfortably alongside the chamber works of The Servant and King & Country. A coin of two sides indeed.

4. Diderot's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

Monica Vitti and Terence Stamp make a great pair. It's kind of a weak movie in general, but most of it is pretty amusing.

5. Matt Reddick's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

Dirk Bogarde and his crew of henchmen kept my attention, after the set design and art direction got predictable... sampled for Gorillaz "Rock the house"

6. maurino's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

this wreck from the past is such a mess, a bore, an epic flop. it's joseph losey's dune, a failure with his moments. monica vitti's english is embarassing and she's clearly not the star of the movie but terence stamp and dirk bogarde are simply ravishing.

7. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

One strange 60s mod/spy spoof from Losey...wow.

8. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Modesty Blaise

British humour and improbable flashy clothings. We are in the mid 60's allright and young blond ephebes are haunting Dirk Bogarde's castle. A curiosity. Already forgotten.

9. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

10. Robert Karol's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

Pretty sure the bad guy's base in this film is the same as Viveca Lindfors' house in THESE ARE THE DAMNED.

11. Martin Sichetti's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

I was expecting a great movie since I knew their crew : Dirk Bogarde, Terence Stamp, Monica Vitti and director Joseph Losey! I must say is the worse film that I've seen in many years. Such a pitty...

12. Anton Williams's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

What a boring and scattered shit? I can't watch

13. Natalie Guevara's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

23-year-old me wants to tell 10-year-old me that those "Austin Powers" movies aren't as original or "wacky" as she thought. I'm disinterested in spy movies and general psychedelia but I cannot resist Monica Vitti singing in English, her cool unconcern or that perfectly thick blonde hair. Other standouts: a daisy chain of anticlimaxes; Monica's bizarre comedic timing. Offbeat comedienne, one cool rider.

14. bojkowski's rating of the film Modesty Blaise

Anton: What a useless and obnoxious comment. I can't read. Oh, too late... I DID.