1. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Mogambo

6/10. Many moments were trully boring. The plot is quite simple. The end was very ok.

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Mogambo

3.5 stars. I like this film but I think it is a piffle, too. John Ford as director is a mighty credit but I don't think he is fully engaged. Gable is affable but old, Kelly is pretty and light. Ava Gardner comes through, however. She is having fun and it shows. She redeems everything and makes the film.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Mogambo

>>> Histoire quelconque, cent fois ébauchée, rabâchée, affichée. La morale est sauve dans tous les cas de figures. A voir seulement pour les acteurs. On note la performance de Clark Gable qui interprète, à vingt ans de différence, le même rôle. Pour l'exotisme, les tribus noires de Samburu, Wagenia, Bahaya et M'Beti... www.cinefiches.com

4. SpacePirate's rating of the film Mogambo

Gable has two girls of the caliber of Kelly and Gardner both wanting to bed him. This kind of thing of thing is common, why just last month nothing remotely similar happened to me. Jokes aside, Gardner is great, giving a very breezy performance. Kelly is meh, just eye candy. Gable is Gable. Cool shots of the animals, but the use of different film stocks really makes it obvious when something is on set. 4.5 stars

5. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Mogambo

6. Brendan's rating of the film Mogambo

7. msmichel's rating of the film Mogambo

Ok reimaging of 'Red Dust' that recasts Gable as a pretty long in the tooth safari hunter pursued by both experienced Ava Gardner and innocent Grace Kelly. Gardner ( in an Oscar nominated turn) is dynamite here and is the main reason to watch. The location shooting doesn't always blend with the studio work but overall the visual majesty is evident. Gable even past his prime oozes masculinity.

8. Victor-André's rating of the film Mogambo

Great actors make great films...

9. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Mogambo

A movie about sex and animals. Gable, a man very close to Mother nature thanks to his elephantine ears according to Ava Gardner who emphasizes it twice in Mogambo, must choose between her and the sophisticated Grace Kelly. We witness once again here the eternal fight between Nature and Culture, between The Naked (Ava in the shower) and The Dead (Grace in the savannah). Highly recommended.

10. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Mogambo

6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1A1

11. Guillermo RG's rating of the film Mogambo

I agree with the masterpiece label. Also agree with Victor's choice.

12. mjgildea's rating of the film Mogambo

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. Gable's Gable, Gardner's captivatingly likable (despite being practically useless in the 2nd half of the movie) and despite a low-key performance, Grace Kelly did a good job. The location footage didn't flow with the studio footage so nicely and it felt like Mogambo was a dollar store African Queen with an undercooked story. Dumb ending.

13. joey Noodles's rating of the film Mogambo

If I were to describe the romance in this film with a sound, it'd be a muted fart. That's the problem, Gable is great and so is Gardner, the visuals are sumptuous, but the actual romance is stale. 3/5

14. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Mogambo

Even with Kelly & Gardner's great performances, the lush Technicolor of Africa, and Ford's direction the film stumbles on its own melodramatic plot.

15. BUSHRA's rating of the film Mogambo

the clark gable / ava gardner interaction is just sensational. eloise kelly, just even with the script writing is intended to be a fascinating, punchy, and witty character but with gardner's acting, she portrays every degree and shade of her role consummately. grace kelly was also very impressive.