1. Max.Madrid's rating of the film Molly's Game

glad she did not lose her dignity and her name.

2. Le temps perdu's rating of the film Molly's Game

In the end a sentimental version of The Big Short, it has the same style, but with a different subject matter. Jessica Chastain as an irritating overachiever is convincing.

3. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Molly's Game

As much as I enjoyed Jessica Chastain absolutely transforming into Molly Bloom and Sorkin's amazing writing skills I just don't feel like it works as a whole. It depends too much on the voice over and the run time is ridiculous. I would have also appreaciated it more if the effort to make Bloom's story glitzy and oh so glamorous was more subtle, you can see right through that gimmick...

4. Kornovska's rating of the film Molly's Game

Un bon film à propos d'une femme intelligente s'imposant dans un milieu empestant la masculinité toxique. On aime le jeu de Chastain, la façon intense dont l'histoire est présenté, ainsi que la découverte du milieu des games de poker auxquelles participent les gens riches et célèbres (l'histoire étant basée sur des faits vécus). Seul bémol, certaines scènes sont irréalistes au point de nous faire décrocher.

5. Shawn Adams Sagen's rating of the film Molly's Game

Seriously well made. Entertaining all the way through.

6. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Molly's Game

Everything Aaron Sorkin does is painful. He overtalks with his snarky jargon to make you forget that he as actually nothing profound to say at all.

7. pluviosity's rating of the film Molly's Game

I still don't understand why Sorkin chose to lather the movie with narration, to stop it from being a total Erin Brockovich, maybe? (which it barely did). When it's not always-perfect Molly explaining every details on screen, it's people saying poker technical legal terms I barely understand/give a shit. It's kinda disappointing, because the cast are great and Sorkin's shots are quite neat.

8. Blumes's rating of the film Molly's Game

90's blockbuster flare with a competent Chastain keeping the fun going. Sucker for gambling plots.

9. Oluseyi's rating of the film Molly's Game

10. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film Molly's Game

11. babycakesromero's rating of the film Molly's Game

it was alright...sorkin is on ever decreasing circles since social network if you ask me, not that anyone is. its highly unlikely this will ever be read which gives me free reign to blather on much like sorkin does, his ears addicted to the sound his fingers make hitting the keyboard..tap, tap, tap, my god I'm such a genius, look at the way i make boring conversations about gambling sound fucking amazing.

12. SpacePirate's rating of the film Molly's Game

Another great Chastain performance, but overall an overly wordy screenplay by Sorkin that couldve benefited from some editing. I put this up there with Social Network, a film I felt couldve been great if the screenplay was less talky but in the end is just average. A decent film from the year. 3 stars

13. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Molly's Game

14. bryanvmh's rating of the film Molly's Game

+1 star for getting Michael Cera to say "I don't like poker... I like ruining people's lives." Overwritten and visually blah.

15. RumbleFish's rating of the film Molly's Game

Una fortuna basata su excel e Kevin Costner psicologo che risponde alle tre domande fondamentali sono jackpot

16. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Molly's Game

**1/2. Another vain success story. Writer-Director Aaron Sorkin seems to be fascinated by people earning big money by manipulating other people (Molly's Game) or the entire world (Steve Jobs, The Social Network). If I admire the performance of the actors here, I also have to admit that this peculiar story didn't interest me at all. Almost already forgotten.

17. Hugo Bonjour's rating of the film Molly's Game

I enjoyed this! Is it really innovative in terms of directing? No, but it's has an interesting story and efficient story-telling, supported by an excellent performance from Jessica Chastain.

18. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Molly's Game

Highly appreciated for his writing skills, Aaron Sorkin proves that he's a filmmaker in the making who needs more projects like this. If you like to play poker you will instantly love this movie. If you like Jessica Chastain you will immediately adore her powerful character. The story was interesting and was so very good transposed into this probably over 120 pages script. Great effort did by Sorkin. 8.5/10

19. lollyjoys's rating of the film Molly's Game

20. Kamran's rating of the film Molly's Game

Engrossing and well written though oft poorly directed 77/100 - Very Good (3.5)

21. Aardsy's rating of the film Molly's Game

Jessica Chastain Talks: The Movie

22. Ethan's rating of the film Molly's Game

This is a solid film that features incredible performances from Jessica Chastain, who is an absolute knock out in this in every way and Idris Elba who maintains his badass charisma and intensity, making it a rollercoaster ride as these two acting titans take their craft to a whole other level. Sorkin can definitely write some words but his directing is flat and it feels like the actors are what make this film good.

23. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Molly's Game

You can find the story compelling or like Sorkin as writer but the same Sorkin brings all the things i hate in today´s directing, choosing "The Big Short" as model for his heavy filmmaking. Which means cool, overly confident and vulgar, using image only as illustration. The editing cuts as short as possible the dialogues to produce artificial speed but it is all smoke and nothing hides behind this pale Scorsese copy.

24. DenoResandono's rating of the film Molly's Game

MOLLY'S GAME is an impressive directorial debut from writer Aaron Sorkin. All the things you loved from Mr. Sorkin's writings, you can find it in this movie. MOLLY'S GAME is movie that "talked" too much. But that makes this movie feel exciting & interesting. Aaron Sorkin is no David Fincher or Danny Boyle. So the visual aren't interesting enough if you compared it with THE SOCIAL NETWORK or STEVE JOBS. Worth watching

← Previous 1 3 4