1. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

We Quebecers are such bad catholics, myths and traditions lie deconstructed and defaced, all have their own little vices, and our children dies in their parents' arms. How white was my valley...

2. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

7.4/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2NU

3. James Mackin's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Not horrible, a bit overrated.

4. DVC's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Shocking and beautiful

5. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Very worthwhile. A deceptively simple film and one in some ways little different to many other coming of age narratives, but with the fascinating element of a particular culture and place that gives rise to unexpected situations.

6. Beatrice's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Rather difficult to sit through. I suppose a lot of it just passes you by if you are not Québécois.

7. Alberto Redighieri's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Almost 60% of dialogues are not subtitled properly for non french speakers.

8. Klaas De Roo's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

niemand doet graag zijn werk

9. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

A marvelous reconstruction of everyday life in Quebec some time ago in the twentieth century. Through mundane activities, french-speaking culture, Canadian harsh weather and structural economic elements, Jutra attempts to frame the "Québécoise" mindset at the time. The result comes with a beautiful cinematography and a good level of sympathy towards the people responsible to create a nation within another country.

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

While it does seem like an interesting film, it's frustrating that you don't translate at least 25 percent of the dialogue. Not sure I would want this to stand for Canad's greatest film. It's a bit corny.

11. rafaelmontenegrofausto's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

12. narcekirdegi's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

worhs watching only for the performances of children..

13. Angelika Arman's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Oh no...Why on earth did MUBI put on the english dubbed track??

14. AugusteB's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

I enjoyed this film a lot. Perfect for a night with a blizzard outside.

15. sordid's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

quiet, but always present - leaves a bitter aftertaste that can't be called unpleasant

16. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Little House on the Prairie gone Awry. Almost a day after and still thinking of it, it is actually pretty good!!

17. SueRay's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

18. EdieEmm's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Class, community, power, politics in a still-then-fermenting Quebec; the exhilaration/demoralization/triumphs/horrors of the day-to-day business of growing up… shown as much through a perfect convergence of non-narrative elements as through any standard storytelling. Definite testament to the power of cinema that a film so understated can convey SO much. Really great.

19. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

20. Cinerio's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

21. msmichel's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

A Quebecois classic and truly quintessential Canadian cinema. Jutra's feel for 1940's rural Quebec and for a Canadian/Quebecois identity rings genuine. Nostalgic certainly but also rang true with audiences on release in '71 and since. Performances are strong all around with naturalistic cinematography by the late Michel Brault. Those looking for a linear story and convenient wrap-ups should look elsewhere.

22. Matt's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Check it: http://www.nfb.ca/film/mon_oncle_antoine_en/

23. libett's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

one of the ten best films I've seen in my life-

24. SelfImprovementInc's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

I think about it all the time: is there any more significant measurement for what a film's worth?