1. msmichel's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

A Quebecois classic and truly quintessential Canadian cinema. Jutra's feel for 1940's rural Quebec and for a Canadian/Quebecois identity rings genuine. Nostalgic certainly but also rang true with audiences on release in '71 and since. Performances are strong all around with naturalistic cinematography by the late Michel Brault. Those looking for a linear story and convenient wrap-ups should look elsewhere.

2. Matt's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Check it: http://www.nfb.ca/film/mon_oncle_antoine_en/

3. libett's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

one of the ten best films I've seen in my life-

4. SelfImprovementInc's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

I think about it all the time: is there any more significant measurement for what a film's worth?

5. Clinton's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

At first I was bored and bewildered. And then beguiled. The best film I’ve seen this year. The final scene is masterful.

6. Gabriel's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

7. Radial's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

Decidedly NOT among the greatest Canadian films ever made, nor among the best films to come out of Quebec.

8. Danny Bailey's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

I was anticipating a true foreign film classic, because it was voted as the #1 Canadian film of all time. Instead I was treated to a modest average film of a depressing Christmas in a small Quebec town. It had its good and bad moments, but I was most dissapointed at the very imcomplete ending. I was expecting more of a plot to follow FYI:If you want to see a true film about innocence, Watch "Fanny and Alexander"

9. HobartLazaro's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

has lots of robert altman thing going on... what a lonely christmas

10. John M.'s rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

'Where is the Friend's Home', but with sex and vodka.

11. hikikomori's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

A very nice, quiet coming-of-age film. Something like the Quebecois companion to Murmur of the Heart.

12. Pulpwino's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

A lot of charm going for it, but I felt like I'd seen some of these scenes before (or at least some similar ones). A good, intelligently made film overall, even if the ending leaves you with a feeling of melancholy.

13. the corduroy suit's rating of the film Mon oncle Antoine

What a beautiful film. The music is amazing too.

2 Next →