1. Balthaz21's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

Même si l'on admire les travaux et les recherches d'Henri Laborit, l'approche d'Alain Resnais nous semble lourdement didactique... www.cinefiches.com

3. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

4. Lars Åndheim's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

Resnais' scalpel never makes a precise incision, it wounds and dismembers an increasingly complex dialectic, the film gradually turning on itself, a representation of desperate and futile science. We will never get the full picture and a peek through the lens of the microscope (camera) will only reveal new worlds, equally deviant of illumination and survey.

5. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

A bit dated, hermetic and intellectual as in most of Resnais' films but a classic one. Nice and cruelty realistic psycho-social analysis.

6. mubianer's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

This definitely needs a re-watch. It was a rich, thought provoking movie.

7. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

Maybe i'm mistaken, but I think Resnais might actually be making fun of these psychological theories rather than endorsing them. Why else would he use an image as hilarious as grown ass men with giant rat head to visualize the words that are the basis of this whole story. I hope that's the case, because I would like to believe that I'm not the only one who was indifferent to all this mumbo jumbo.

8. Artem Eihart's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

sometimes it resembles reading Spinoza, or Hume, or Kant

9. msmichel's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

An incredible script by Jean Gruault and Henri Laborit takes us on a sociological journey examining behaviorist theories in this mid period Alain Resnais film. Three characters are examined getting to the heart of human nature through motivation, anxiety, relationships and the notion of self. Performances are strong with kudos to Nicole Garcia. Aren't we all conditioned rats in the end? '...in the end anguish..'

10. umman's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

lacking in character development and there are some issues but other than that a wondrous film

11. Michael Goetz's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

Resnais has shown the way for David Lynch in elaborating a cinema surrealistic interrogation of the bourgeois. His method is gentler and more fluid, effortlessly braiding the stories of three people desperate for happiness and self-respect but finding themselves trapped like rats in a system, and in selves, they don't understand, never losing sight of his characters' basic humanity. Intelligent, comic, beautiful.

12. Polidoro's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

13. Massimiliano (Max) Amato's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

Questo film mi ha insegnato molte cose.

14. sónia fialho's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

A angústia é a impossibilidade de dominar uma situação.

15. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

My favorite Resnais film. Easily ranks among his most beautiful and enlightening works. In all, a masterpiece everyone should watch.

16. yen's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

psychology lesson imposed by alain resnais's usual voix-off

17. Black Irish's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

"America doesn't exist . . . I know, I lived there."

18. Natalia La Terza's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

19. Movie Blabber's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

Felt like I was being knocked over the head with an anvil, though it isn't without it's merits.

20. Gerry Miriello's rating of the film Mon oncle d'Amérique

This is an incredible film, like a sociological experiment conducted by a world-class director. It seems to encompass the whole world.