1. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Mon oncle

A wide-appealing and playful critique of modern bourgeois life. The mise-en-scene with all of its vibrant flat colours is incredible. This second Hulot film also has the benefits of a story (though loose), a fish fountain, and a larger cast of dogs. Though I didn't laugh as often as Holiday, I laughed harder. The scene in the plastic factory is a standout favourite, and I am glad it didn't just mimic Modern Times.

2. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Mon oncle

Dans mon oncle, Tati renvoie dos à dos la modernité et la nostalgie, pour s'amuser de tout. Les borborygmes des personnages semblent des phylactères de personnages de BD et comme dans la BD, les compositions des cases, les agencements des plans et des couleurs, la recherche du gag visuel dominent tout entier. Dommage que cette énergie qui se voudrait si spontanée soit produite par un si parfait agencement.

3. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Mon oncle

It's always marvellous to see how Tati's ironic view on the modern world works through his use of (mainly uncomfortable) sounds. Regarding the sound design of his films he was far ahead of his time.

4. Joel Shelton's rating of the film Mon oncle

Mr. Hulot should be an inspiration for us all on how to enjoy life.

5. gld48's rating of the film Mon oncle

6. Dogville59's rating of the film Mon oncle

I loved this. The French music, the social critique, the humour, and the cute dogs make it a pleasure to watch.

7. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Mon oncle

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/hulot-jacques-tati/

8. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Mon oncle

9. olívia,'s rating of the film Mon oncle

10. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Mon oncle

8.6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Qs

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Mon oncle

Jacques Tati a le mérite de nous faire rire du quotidien, du monde froid et déshumanisé de notre époque moderne. Ce chef-d'oeuvre d'humour fondé sur le gag décalé est plein de pudeur et de poésie... www.cinefiches.com

12. angeldromero's rating of the film Mon oncle

*puts on the soundtrack before starts writing* This movie fills up with joy every corner of my body and my soul. It brought the kid of out me, it made me re-experience my childhood, it made my smile and laugh, and when it was over I found myself jumping and dancing around from my room to my living room. In my eyes this is a MASTERPIECE by Tati, directing and acting, but doing a phenomenal job in both areas.

13. Ross's rating of the film Mon oncle

Such a marvellously comic performance from Mr Tati

14. João Rocha's rating of the film Mon oncle

15. lemonish5's rating of the film Mon oncle

Sharp, heartening, and, most of all, delightful.

16. -REM-'s rating of the film Mon oncle

17. smndvdcl's rating of the film Mon oncle

The delicious conflict between French traditionalism (charcuterie shops and a rural folksiness) and French modernity (pretensions of 50s Art Deco bourgeois society). Aesthetic decisions rival Chaplin and Keaton for intricacy in its slapstick, yet the mundane inconsequential realism of the narrative arc is a potent counterpoint to the engineered narratives of Hollywood and linear, arch plot, mainstream cinema.

18. Gyseltrut's rating of the film Mon oncle

Tati's ingenious contrivance designed to highlight a gaudy world of materialism.

19. Tatami's rating of the film Mon oncle

Quite entertaining but the film feels like a long intro that never really starts, I suppose that's just how it is

20. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Mon oncle

a D E L I G H T F U L film that starts and ends with a lovely dog scene.

21. Joana Carolina's rating of the film Mon oncle

i was asked to analyse the house. And whoah! it is the most delicious satire against modern architecture i've ever seen. very funny, i love Tati's work

22. B L A N C H E's rating of the film Mon oncle

Un rapport à l'architecture, au meuble et au son extraordinaire, le tout avec beaucoup d'humour.

23. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Mon oncle

My God. If it had not been for the marble looking floor that sounded like metal and Giulia–a five year old girl sitting behind me who was complaining with her parents about how tedious this was–, I would have left the theatre.

24. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Mon oncle