1. Joel Shelton's rating of the film Mon oncle

Mr. Hulot should be an inspiration for us all on how to enjoy life.

2. gld48's rating of the film Mon oncle

3. Dogville59's rating of the film Mon oncle

I loved this. The French music, the social critique, the humour, and the cute dogs make it a pleasure to watch.

4. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Mon oncle

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/hulot-jacques-tati/

5. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Mon oncle

6. olívia,'s rating of the film Mon oncle

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Mon oncle

8.6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Qs

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Mon oncle

Jacques Tati a le mérite de nous faire rire du quotidien, du monde froid et déshumanisé de notre époque moderne. Ce chef-d'oeuvre d'humour fondé sur le gag décalé est plein de pudeur et de poésie... www.cinefiches.com

9. angeldromero's rating of the film Mon oncle

*puts on the soundtrack before starts writing* This movie fills up with joy every corner of my body and my soul. It brought the kid of out me, it made me re-experience my childhood, it made my smile and laugh, and when it was over I found myself jumping and dancing around from my room to my living room. In my eyes this is a MASTERPIECE by Tati, directing and acting, but doing a phenomenal job in both areas.

10. Ross's rating of the film Mon oncle

Such a marvellously comic performance from Mr Tati

11. João Rocha's rating of the film Mon oncle

12. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Mon oncle

Sharp, heartening, and, most of all, delightful.

13. -REM-'s rating of the film Mon oncle

14. smndvdcl's rating of the film Mon oncle

The delicious conflict between French traditionalism (charcuterie shops and a rural folksiness) and French modernity (pretensions of 50s Art Deco bourgeois society). Aesthetic decisions rival Chaplin and Keaton for intricacy in its slapstick, yet the mundane inconsequential realism of the narrative arc is a potent counterpoint to the engineered narratives of Hollywood and linear, arch plot, mainstream cinema.

15. Gyseltrut's rating of the film Mon oncle

Tati's ingenious contrivance designed to highlight a gaudy world of materialism.

16. Tatami's rating of the film Mon oncle

Quite entertaining but the film feels like a long intro that never really starts, I suppose that's just how it is

17. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Mon oncle

a D E L I G H T F U L film that starts and ends with a lovely dog scene.

18. Joana Carolina's rating of the film Mon oncle

i was asked to analyse the house. And whoah! it is the most delicious satire against modern architecture i've ever seen. very funny, i love Tati's work

19. B L A N C H E's rating of the film Mon oncle

Un rapport à l'architecture, au meuble et au son extraordinaire, le tout avec beaucoup d'humour.

20. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Mon oncle

My God. If it had not been for the marble looking floor that sounded like metal and Giulia–a five year old girl sitting behind me who was complaining with her parents about how tedious this was–, I would have left the theatre.

21. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Mon oncle

22. Dan's rating of the film Mon oncle

Sweet and funny. It was a joy to watch Tati and his characters play in their doll houses.

23. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Mon oncle

Way too long. It has witty gags and nice critique, but the mood in Tati's movies always puts me off.

24. Diogo CF's rating of the film Mon oncle

Visitamos um mundo comicamente constrangido pelos excessos da razão, onde até uma casa nos dá a impressão de estar mais viva que aqueles que nela ficaram enjaulados. Hulot trará de volta uma muito querida irracionalidade a este lugar, e ao vermos o filme transformamo-nos no seu sobrinho: acompanhamo-lo nessa subversão.

← Previous 1 3 4