Para uma melhor experiência no MUBI, atualize seu navegador.

1. misu's rating of the film Mona Lisa

2. NICOLE86's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Bob Hoskins performance is probably one of the best out of his work and in British cinema. The only problem I had in the film was the use of Phil Collin's "For Keeps" during a scene, it was just not right for it.

3. I.Camera's rating of the film Mona Lisa

There's some corny dialogue, and the ending is unrealistically neat, but Tyson and Hoskins are excellent as an intelligent but trapped prostitute and her naive chauffer, set in a seedy London. This is 80s UK noir, where Thatcherite values (in the form of Caine's high end crook) clash with night scenes of street walkers and strip clubs. A stint in Hollywood was beckoning for Hoskins, but this is one his best films.

4. Muraki's rating of the film Mona Lisa

5. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Mona Lisa

7.1/10, "Neil Jordan’s third feature MONA LISA is a heady dissertation of the unrequited love complex." my full review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-422

6. lesminho's rating of the film Mona Lisa

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Un chef-d'oeuvre de tendresse et d'amertume où chacun s'enfonce, solitaire, dans son monde imaginaire ou se perd à la quête d'un absurde et impossible accomplissement amoureux ..... www.cinefiches.com

8. dionysus67's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Superbly modulated and exquisitely atmoshperic thriller set in the sleazy clubs of Soho. The remarkable performances (Tyson and Hoskins followed by a reptilian pimp played by Cane) -only one among the many strengths of this perceptive film on identity (with strong class/sexuality/gender/race connotations)- yield a short diatribe on mutual recognition with full knowledge of the social barriers that need to be curbed.

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Mona Lisa

A mordant fairy tale (aided by the Nat King Cole leitmotifs) with the grimness of the dark and dirty subject matter lifted by earthy authenticity and comedic elan. The naive heavy role fits Hoskins like a glove and I’ve not seen Tyson in a better role since. There’s nary a wasted shot and Jordan directs with brisk force. Sometimes not noticing mise-en-scene is as much the mark of excellence as showy set pieces.

10. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Simone: Haven't you someone to rush to? George: You know I haven't. Simone: Everyone should have. George: Well, you haven't. Simone: I'm different.

11. Blue Roses's rating of the film Mona Lisa

12. Andre's rating of the film Mona Lisa

That exceedingly rare bird - the lesser spotted criminal fairy tale, crossed with the Orphic noir. Brutal, funny, romantic, and touching in equal measures, with Hoskins giving the performance of his career, and Jordan creating a world that is simultaneously magical and disgusting.

13. Steve G.'s rating of the film Mona Lisa

The most important thing you need to know about Mona Lisa is that Bob Hoskins buys Michael Caine a rabbit.

14. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa, men have named you You're so like the lady with the mystic smile...

15. Erik F.'s rating of the film Mona Lisa

16. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Mona Lisa

A book by John Franklin Bardin, the neglected American mystery novelist made quasi-English by his "discovery" there in the 1970s, is on display and under discussion throughout Neil Jordan's second and second-best film (The Company of Wolves' priority is unbudgeable). Bardin's stories, suffused with the loneliness of feeling and being (e)strange(ed), beguile us, a la Mona Lisa, unto half-smiles with their own.

17. kris's rating of the film Mona Lisa

This film has so much emotion, its about falling in love and trying to save someone from themselves. But not everyone wants saving! Great performance by the legend Bob Hoskins.

18. Palmat's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Very good movie where Hoskins, Bates and Caine really shines in their respective roles. I know that stories like this (gangster redemption et al.) might be dime a dozen but Jordan is a good enough director to make this movie soar. The photo and music also works well. In my mind one of the best brit gangster movies since it focuses on the human issues instead of violence, heists or turfwars. Recommended.

19. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Pretty terrific movie. I gotta admit I'm not too crazy about Neil Jordan's work overall, but this is pretty much his strongest effort. The plot is a bit predictable but Bob Hoskins gives a spectacular performance. He can pull off the tough guy persona like no other. He's never over-acting and his characters feel very human, very real. Too bad his talent was completely underused after that.

20. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Mona Lisa

To be seen mainly for the Oscar nominated performance of Bob Hoskins. He's not helped by a pretty obvious plot that seemed to run out of ideas,lacking surprises.

21. mpho3's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Never has the epithet "You fucking cow!" been used to such great effect, and what better actor than Bob Hoskins to spit it out.

22. Tigrane Minassian's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Neil Jordan is often hit or miss, but when it hits, like Mona Lisa, boy does it fucking work.

23. Mugino's rating of the film Mona Lisa

It causes anguish to look at Hoskins' filmography after watching this -- why are there so few films capitalizing on his nuance and power in a lead role?

24. Dave's rating of the film Mona Lisa

Bob Hoskins really is fantastic here. This is the first Jordan film I have seen and I really liked it. It had a definite Taxi Driver feel to it.