1. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

"She had a place in his life, He never made her think twice. As he rises to her apology, Anybody else would surely know. He's watching her go... What a Fool Believes!"

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

Superbe interprétation de Michel Blanc, décidemment étonnant, qui intériorise avec efficacité et bonheur, une passion démesurée, suicidaire, monstrueusement humaine... www.cinefiches.com

3. Dan.R's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

Such an odd film. Beautiful in parts, and in others it feels outdated and overly and unrealistically romantic. I found it hard to believe the parts as some felt over acted and dispelled belief. I initially came to this film due to Roger Eberts 'Great' classification of this film. But i am feeling like something is lacking. Perhaps this film is too bleak for me. Well shot but a difficult film and reality it portrays.

4. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

Un filme que inicia con un personaje misterioso. La personalidad de Hire hace remembranza al protagonista de "The lodger" de Hitchcock u otros personajes ermitaños. A esto se suma su fascinación por el vouyerismo (más Hitchcock). Se asome entonces este objeto del deseo. Las escenas en donde vemos a Bonnaire exhibiéndose ante su acosador son fascinantes, lo mejor del filme. Sigue sobre el amante romántico y abnegado.

5. Howard Orr's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

A stinging, bitter novella of loneliness and betrayal, bold enough to make its telling brief and its impression deep.

6. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Monsieur Hire

Not to sound creepy, but if Sandrine Bonnaire lived across the courtyard, I'd probably spy on her 24 hours a day too...

7. msmichel's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

Fantastic thriller from Patrice Leconte based on the George Simenon story. Michel Blanc has never been better with great interplay between himself and a young Sandrine Bonnaire. The film's depection of voyeurism, attraction and deceit is masterful. Remember seeing this on release back in 1990 and am equally impressed by it now. Essential for fans of Hitchcock, Clouzot or DePalma. The real deal.

8. mpho3's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

I don't understand the adulation showered upon this movie.

9. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

The cinema itself is voyeuristic in nature, but I'm not sure I've seen a film that deals with the topic this... directly. In the hands of a lesser director this could have been a very creepy film, but under Leconte's hand (he's quickly become a new favorite) it's quite the tender, romantic, and tragic fable. Also, I'm in love with Sandra Bonnaire <3 I don't know how anyone could not be.

10. Dave's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

Quick, intriguing set up in the first 10 minutes of the film, but never quite reaches the level I was expecting based on it. Still solid, but far from great.

11. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

Told in closeups,with a main character that could have been creepy,but we root for him.Excels at suspense and its portrayal of complex,interesting characters. A lesson in jumping to conclusions.

12. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

The consequences of love. Masterpiece.

13. AntioneOscar69's rating of the film Monsieur Hire

an excellent study of voyeurism, loneliness, society, and deception; all in 81 minutes

14. Reginald Healer Marcellin's rating of the film Monsieur Hire