1. El Biffo's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

Mira Nair's last really good film; none of her subsequent work has come close to the brilliance of Salaam Bombay, unfortunately. I don't even watch her films any more. This one has been made into a musical, so she has a great career even if she has no talent left. Capitalism is great for artists like her; they can just keep producing product without having to come up with new ideas.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

Number One Most Stupid Duffer.

3. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

Oeh this didn't meet up to my expectations, which I must admit were super high. The story was really nice and there were stunning shots no doubt, but I expected a more vibrant mix of Bollywood and "New Indian Cinema". Nonetheless very charming and easy to watch, could've done with a more dense plot.

4. Suki Banning's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

Love, Love, Love. Rewatched this many times. Stunning multiple storylines.

5. lance_vance's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

6. Antonia Achjadatenschutz's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

So colourful! On the visual level it is as rich as a bollywood film, but then it goes way deeper into a critical analysis of contemporary Indian upper class families and their dark sides.

7. Donna Cobourne's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

This is film that reaches into the depths of my soul, it is still a favorite!!!

8. house5ive's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

Beautiful cinematography exhibiting the colourful heritage of the Indian family...good story too!

9. I AM ... MARCY FIERCE's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

The culture in India when it comes to marriage was very detailed.

10. mfg's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

If only all Bollywood films were this thoughtful, poetic, and enjoyable.

11. Rashed's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

Like an endless pot of pure joy. I wish bollywood followed this tradition more often instead of their over the top musical extravagazas.

12. Ron Kirkley II's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

Emily and I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. We picked up the Blu-ray from Criterion and I'm guessing it is the best way to watch it. We are looking forward to checking out the other shorts included on the disc.

13. madebydanlam's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

Just watched this again from the new CC release and I remembered why this was such a great film. Lush cinematography, original writing & interesting performances. The music is great too!

14. 6000's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

This is one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen.

15. Gary Wood's rating of the film Monsoon Wedding

Mira Nair is simply one of the most underrated and under-appreciated filmmakers around.