1. film_lies101's rating of the film Monsters

Am I bored yet,? Why yes I am!

2. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Monsters

A bog standard premise with aggressively unlikable leads, wilting dialogue, generic monster designs and flat pacing that takes nonsensical detours with the type of gusto most screenwriters tell you to use for concision. I haven't the faintest idea what this thing gets its glowing reputation for.

3. abyantama's rating of the film Monsters

4. SlinkyLi's rating of the film Monsters

Understates character and relationship development in a way that allows for interpretation. Also takes a more detached approach to sociopolitical commentary than other sci-fi works. Ultimately greater than the sum of its fragments.

5. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Monsters

6. haugenlars@hotmail.com's rating of the film Monsters

7. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Monsters

Interesting take on the monster movie - a road trip with a dreamy feel to it and an attention to detail when it comes to characters. A brilliant technical achievement given the micro budget.

8. runfromfire's rating of the film Monsters

An interesting little flick. It flirts with a ton of bigger ideas but never seems to go anywhere. The characters were a bit flat but Scoot McNairy & Whitney Able did well with what they were given.

9. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Monsters

My boy Scoot does good in this one.

10. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Monsters

3 stelle per cio' che e' stato realizzato, nonostante il piccolo budget

11. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Monsters

The Soundtrack made me watch the movie.

12. lamouchequilouche's rating of the film Monsters

Thanks to its budget restraints, this is a monster film with hardly any monsters. Instead, at the heart of this film, are two protagonist with genuine depth, set to an exceptional background that serves as a highly interesting analogy of current immigration issues and discourses.

13. Steve G.'s rating of the film Monsters

Quite a novelty to see a monster movie with such a slow paced and even romantic turn to it, but it really does work far better than you might expect. The ending will delight and annoy in equal measures - but aww.

14. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Monsters

15. msmichel's rating of the film Monsters

Edwards' calling card led to his more recent high profile gigs. Refreshing monster tale that concentrated more on personal relationships than carnage resulted in a film that had a greater resonance than expected. Leads are both quite good and keeping the monsters in the background was an inspired idea.

16. T Mills's rating of the film Monsters

Pleasantly surprised by this film. It feels strongly influenced by the work of Central and South American directors with films like Motorcycle Diaries and Y Tu Mama Tabien, only Edwards adds aliens and Americans to the mix. I love the slow character development, letting that final kiss simmer till it's just right. The implausibility of the end alien encounter is outdone by the odd connection of the human characters.

17. Nick Potter's rating of the film Monsters

Like Gareth Edwards' Godzilla, this film is not about the namesake and the terrifying things it/they can do. The film is about real people trying to figure out how to live with these terrible things and their existence. The fact that the Monsters are used so sparingly only makes them more effective. Such an accomplished film on such a low budget bodes well for Edwards. Also, I'm a sucker for Scoot McNairy every time.

18. Rachel's rating of the film Monsters

Smart and heart-warming and called "Monsters" - it shouldn't work, but it does.

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Monsters

Not all science-fiction needs to have big budgets to be interesting. Similar to Signs, but without all the Jesus stuff.

20. jamesey's rating of the film Monsters

Monsters is simple fun. Get the popcorn and enjoy the simple but original adventure story.

21. Tom Labarthe's rating of the film Monsters

I watched this movie around a year ago, and it had really been overshadowed in my memory by the much flashier Godzilla. Revisiting it here has made me question everything I have come to think about Edwards Blockbuster Kaiju film. Did he make a more compelling film with Monsters? I believe so, and with more ambiguity towards the wanton destruction on both sides.

22. Raj's rating of the film Monsters

Technically brilliant. I wish there was more of a story on top of the brilliant canvas Gareth built. The two actors were surprisingly good. Great job, all around.

23. Dodd Alley's rating of the film Monsters

Monsters is like the Diet Coke to District 9's Coca Cola Classic. You get the same idea of science fiction fused with a subtext on immigration. I hate to review a movie by comparison, but the similarities are undeniable. However, the major difference is that Monsters, while intriguing in premise, just doesn't deliver to its fullest, exciting potential. The larger-than-life aliens are rather dull as well.

24. sacajawèale's rating of the film Monsters