1. panagiotatos's rating of the film Montedoro

2. zoerose's rating of the film Montedoro

An unexpected ghost story the likes of which I've never seen before. Almost like watching a metaphysical version of Taviani's "Chaos". A woman's quest of her long lost mother in a town that only the shadows of forgotten ancestors reside. A town immortal in its mortality, impossible to immortalize in the images of our forgetful memory. The Italian 'Mezzogiorno' eternally beautiful and tragic, soothing and troubling.

3. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Montedoro

The black-white dream-like scenes of the abandoned town were especially memorable.

4. Henk Lamers's rating of the film Montedoro

Final score: 8. Storyline: 8, Originality: 9, Cinematography: 9, Involvement: 8, Sound: 8, Editing: 9, Educational: 9, Title design: 8, Acting: 8, Interesting: 9, Unusual: 9, Exciting: 7, Superior: 9

5. captainfez's rating of the film Montedoro

Like THE BIRDS only, you know, for goats.

6. Duck Waters's rating of the film Montedoro

Felt more foreign than I expected, somehow. I wasn't always sure what exactly was going on, but the images were all beautiful. Reminded me of a story some Singaporean friends told me about traveling to find their roots in China, but this tale was much stranger.

7. DrFirestone's rating of the film Montedoro

A mysterious and dreamy hallucination, enchanted with the spirit of the forgotten parts of South Italy... It's beautiful visually - the framing is careful with minimal but hypnotising camerawork. Just don't expect a "story" here and you shouldn't be disappointed - this is an experience, and as such it is memorable and definitely has its own character.

8. TheOnomatopoeicMan's rating of the film Montedoro

Portentous and grievously self conscious. Watching this was like being harassed by the director’s ego. The landscape (but not necessarily the camera work) was inspirational however.

9. glhrmefc's rating of the film Montedoro

the film has a beautiful photograph, good performances and basically that's it.

10. Paul Rot's rating of the film Montedoro

11. Rui's rating of the film Montedoro

This film captures the profound relationship between people, time and places extremely well. It is a melancholic look at the past, the memories and personal ties woven into it and also speaks to the whitewashing and effacing effect of time. The cinematography is also superb.

12. Rachele Gianfranchi's rating of the film Montedoro

Beautiful photography, disconnected rhythm, actors interpretation scarcely credible, it seems the pain, desperation and sense of suffocation overwhelm the realism of this story about coming to terms with a newly found identity. Peccato.

13. Francisca's rating of the film Montedoro

14. Jonathan.mills's rating of the film Montedoro

A bit ponderous for my tastes but some beautiful cinematography.

15. Korial's rating of the film Montedoro

+ Ottima la fotografia. Paesaggi e interni stupendi. Regia composta e ispirata. Alcuni movimenti e quadri veramente notevoli. Più di un paio di sequenze memorabili. Ben strutturato il discorso sulla memoria, i luoghi, l'identità, e il tempo.