1. jsax's rating of the film Life of Brian

Monty Python = genius. I think the Holy Grail is better than this one. Nevertheless, Life of Brian is an hilarious and clever satire. Deserves to be re-watched

2. fearraigh's rating of the film Life of Brian

A film whose details, despite countless viewings, I have remembered far more than the plot. Four decades on, the satire of religion, in the West at least, appears to have its punch softened, but there's no denying the hilarity of the gags and the characterisation. And it's also an excellent period film.

3. Diogo Costa's rating of the film Life of Brian

Not as good as The Holy Grail though.

4. Mihail, caine de circ's rating of the film Life of Brian

Brian: "I am NOT the Messiah! Arthur: I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few."

5. Vaso M's rating of the film Life of Brian

What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Life of Brian

It is good that Christians don't sort to terror when it comes to making jokes about religion or the members of Monty Python would all have been targeted for death long time ago. It did manage to get banned in Norway for twenty years for blasphemy by censors which could illustrate that Norwegians probably protected the comedians from death threats anyway. Fun movie though with the ultimate "happy" crucifixion scene.

7. aurkihnowe's rating of the film Life of Brian

"yes, we are individuals!" pythons go from taking the steam out of a religious quest to taking aim at the audience's most sacred cow, The Passion...like all monty's stuff, some of this is juvenile, but there's enough religious irreverence here to rankle and tickle the most pious of folks...always look on the bright side of life, whistle a tune, and don't take yourself so seriously,

8. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Life of Brian

9. luís debonoir's rating of the film Life of Brian

10. Sarah's rating of the film Life of Brian

My family quotes this film regulary at different family dinners.

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Life of Brian

Not as good as 'Holy Grail', but more controversial because Christians are not necessarily known for their sense of humor. Just the idea that it might be banned meant I had to see it.

12. arcondicionado's rating of the film Life of Brian

childhood-christmas-morning-type-of-film

13. CinemaHouse Productions's rating of the film Life of Brian

One of the great satires about religion, heresy, and funny enough even communism...coming from the six comedic geniuses of Monty Python. I can only quote what Python member and director Terry Jones said about the film,"'Life of Brian' isn't blasphemous because it doesn’t touch on belief at all. It is heretical, because it touches on dogma and the interpretation of belief, rather than belief itself."

14. Nachtreich's rating of the film Life of Brian

15. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Life of Brian

16. teresa romã's rating of the film Life of Brian

So, blackface on the first 4 minutes, hun? Nice.

17. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Life of Brian

4,5 masterful religious satire, exactly the way it is supposed to be. later edit: just watching a debate with John Cleese, Michael Palin and some religious dumbasses regarding this film.Cleese:" 400 years ago we'd have been burnt for this film. I suggest we'd make an advance." Hilarious!

18. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Life of Brian

Monty Python just never fails.

19. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Life of Brian

20. beatrizatriz's rating of the film Life of Brian

i have smth against monty python

21. senitree's rating of the film Life of Brian

Life's a piece of shit when you look at it :D

22. Anıl Ersezer's rating of the film Life of Brian

23. blyniukas's rating of the film Life of Brian

24. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Life of Brian

The alien bit doesn't really fit in but this is really a lovely little movie.

← Previous 1 3 4