1. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Moolaadé

Che errore. Che errore trascurare per tanti anni il cinema africano, ora lo so. Una problematica concreta delle realtà centroafricane viene trattata da Sembène con un tocco leggero, ma mai superficiale, dando un grosso aspetto al peso psicologico degli avvenimenti, più che a quello cruento e fisico. I personaggi sono ben sviluppati e la regia è lenta ma efficace, nel complesso ben curata. Che piacevole sorpresa.

2. -REM-'s rating of the film Moolaadé

3. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Moolaadé

The audience I saw this with was visibly moved by the positive affirmation of agency, self-determination.

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Moolaadé

5. Zach Closs's rating of the film Moolaadé

An uncomfortable and difficult viewing experience, but Sembéne is admirably two-sided in his depiction of clashing ideas of femininity; characters are developed, flawed and engaging.

6. kowalski's rating of the film Moolaadé

mama africa is confusing me again - positive

7. serhat akıncı's rating of the film Moolaadé

Muhteşem... Göz kamaştırıcı... Dokunaklı.

8. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film Moolaadé

9. Lapis's rating of the film Moolaadé

What can I say... he is admirable, Sembene, in his willingness to criticize culture. That never happens, imperfection being something that is kept hidden, away from the eyes of the world. And a fitting homage to all the strong women of the world

10. Natalie Guevara's rating of the film Moolaadé

Rome's question upon the first 10 minutes: "Is this really Africa?" At first it's a little cartoon-ish, too familiar from lampooning comic strips & sketch parodies, "The Lion King" even. But it ripens into something tender & really hilarious. Also, I loved learning about Burkina Faso: land of upright people, cinema and men of integrity. But of course "purification" has to be overseen by a man!

11. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Moolaadé

Powerful, but restrained. This is the first African film I've seen, and I was amazed. Sembene, as others have noted, has such a light touch. He avoids making sweeping judgements and allows every character to be complex and time to develop into someone fully fleshed. Visually, this is an overwhelming film. The choice of shots, use of colors, architecture, and camera movements are all so carefully planned. Stunning.

12. Canaletto's rating of the film Moolaadé

13. Bubi girl's rating of the film Moolaadé

un film trop mignone ! loved it ! the pile of playing radios in front of the mosque just cracked me up :)

14. Olufunlayo's rating of the film Moolaadé

Highly recommended! A heart-wrenching film. Thought-provoking.