1. Epinephrin's rating of the film Moon

Slow, too allergorical for me. I liked the voice of Kevin Spacey though. The film didn't surprise me with anything.

2. Senem Göcmen's rating of the film Moon

The atmosphere and good production design (especially for a first time director and small budget film) offer little consolidation for the week plot and character setup. The plot twists are executed sloppily and become foreseeable. The take on the genre and questions on humanity are using standard sci-fi elements, which makes this piece feel like a blueprint.

3. Shawnmubi's rating of the film Moon

Compelling yet claustrophobic film. Sam Rockwell was excellent in this movie.

4. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Moon

properly conceived pile of garbage II

5. liv@liv's rating of the film Moon

it felt like a disappointing episode of black mirror, and the skins cameo didn't help. i just thought it wasn't very clever and found no reason to overlook the shoddy visual effects,

6. aleorca's rating of the film Moon

Odyssey or Oddity? The young lad makes a fair stab at a riposte to Kubrick's 2001,and is certainly not as ridiculous as Carpenter's Dark Star. But ultimately it is a little forced and doesn't have the natural ease of dad's musical sci-fi space ramblings...promising rather than prophetic.

7. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Moon

Sam Rockwell should get any role he wants, ever; all he has to do is show them Moon.

8. The Macho King's rating of the film Moon

9. Mike Jempson's rating of the film Moon

What an absorbing, chilling movie, held together by Rockwell and the sinister greyness of the lunar landscape. It's truncated ending showed a lack of nerve - or was that a pitch for a sequel? Sci-fi is not usually my preferred genre, so I ignored Moon on its first outing, but it had me thinking back to the ORIGINAL, great Solaris.

10. McOpinionated's rating of the film Moon

Really enjoyable. A lot of the time I forgot about what Rockwell was having to do - which was very impressive. I was delighted I'd not had spoilers, so the plot was a nice surprise. Moody style/music. The interactions were a little wooden, but then that was in keeping with Sam's character (given his past decisions and suitability for lonely job). So was his selfishness. Bit slow in catching on, but.

11. fearraigh's rating of the film Moon

It goes out of its way to be derivative - even using the same Eurostile typeface as 2001 - and at times comes dangerously close to collapsing under all of it. Even so, Jones' debut film is an intelligent low-budget gem. A moving account of Sam's growing awareness of existence, and its corollary, mortality. Mansell's score is great too.

12. Robert H's rating of the film Moon

A haunting and moving film which felt strange to watch this so soon after The Martian, which took survival down a whole different path. Captivating visual effects and beautiful piano music throughout. Keep an eye on the credits too - the film is copyright "lunar industries" which is unnerving!

13. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Moon

14. Paul Arthur's rating of the film Moon

This is the second time I’ve watched this film since seeing it in the cinema when it came out and I underestimated how good it was! Sam Rockwell is fantastic in what is a beautifully harrowing and surreal sci fi classic. Proving the genre doesn’t need to be all action - this film is subtle and powerful.

15. stevesher1951's rating of the film Moon

Proves that you do not need a huge CGI budget to make an intelligent sci fi film. Very good.

16. 'king Harold's rating of the film Moon

More adult look at the cloning concept than Blade Runner and in chamber style.

17. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Moon

This is brilliantly crafted sci-fi at it's very best, using the setting and technology to muse over ideas of identity, memory, emotion and more while also providing increasing tension as things move to a conclusion you just hope will work out the way you want it to. Despite the other names listed in the cast here, this is all Sam Rockwell's show and he handles every moment magnificently.

18. Andrew's rating of the film Moon

Duncan Jones brilliantly fashions a fairly stand sci-fi set up into an intense and utterly absorbing psychodrama. Plunging through depths of self doubt, stricken paranoia and deathly panic, Sam Rockwell is almost casual in the way he captures the subtle shades of emotion but the effect is anything but. Gripping and absorbing, sci-fi as a doorway to the deepest existential dread.

19. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Moon

20. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film Moon

21. mixn's rating of the film Moon

22. Joao Sobral's rating of the film Moon

I was utterly disappointed with this movie, maybe because of the 3.9 rating and very good critics. Anyway i didn´t find it claustrophobic, it had very bad acting moments, bad vfx and cgi, the twists timing were awful, the story makes no sense, and i didn´t care for the character. I just give it two stars because i still wanted to watch the end.

23. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Moon

24. Scott Dubin's rating of the film Moon

The plot, once all the twists are over with, is very, very, silly. That said the sense of paranoia in a science fiction setting it well done, and the film seems to be in dialogue with 2001 A Space Odyssey in a fun, genre savvy sort of way. Not a great film, but not a bad one either.