1. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film Moonfleet

2. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Moonfleet

3. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Moonfleet

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Moonfleet

Premier film en cinémascope de Fritz Lang, une parfaite réussite... www.cinefiches.com

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Moonfleet

I love the way George Sanders handles a rapier-- with a bemused self-consciousness, exactly as he handles every weary, cynical line reading.

6. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Moonfleet

While not one of my favorite Lang, I find it to be one of his most stylistically interesting. The sets in each scene, especially the indoor scenes, have a sense of isolation. In other words, none of the scenes feel like they connect, as if they each take place in their own alternate reality. This is usually a negative, but here it's so odd that it adds something to an otherwise decent adventure film.

7. José Neves's rating of the film Moonfleet

Cinematography by Robert (H.) Planck.

8. Ben Bosko's rating of the film Moonfleet

funny in relation to Noroît

9. Brandon Nowalk's rating of the film Moonfleet

Is it just the scope, color & setting or is there something else separating this from the usual Lang fare? I see the power blocking and the atmospheric details, and yet such velvet.

10. Cineastic's rating of the film Moonfleet

Moonfleet might disappoint some hardcore Fritz Lang fans. Being one, I can empathise. It is a significant departure from Lang's dark, stylish, and atmospheric noir. Instead, this film is a campy period drama with the set design of a primary school play, and these attributes did irk me. However, I felt this film redeemed itself by with the strong character development of the empathetic anti-hero.

11. Adam Suraf's rating of the film Moonfleet

Following four black and white noir dramas, Fritz Lang directed this two million dollar Cinemascope costume piece for MGM; a handsome film, a marginal failure, and the end of the line for Lang and the studios. His remaining American films are low budget independent crime dramas, ending a turbulent yet prolific two decades in Hollywood.

12. Matt Parks's rating of the film Moonfleet

Not the best of Lang's Hollywood films by any means, but the exercise of watching it was beneficial.

13. chanandre's rating of the film Moonfleet

[Cinémathèque PT #4: 35 mm]

14. Andre A. Neves's rating of the film Moonfleet

I saw this one on theater and loved it. In spite of having the same dense atmosphere of all Lang movies it is a very atypical movie from his US period. There is a certain kindness and tenderness that you do not find in any of his other movies. Anxious to see it again on DVD.