1. jaelaah's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Raw, quintessential, nostalgic.

2. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

am i the only one who feels wes anderson's view of kids is intrinsically perverted

3. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Anderson wants to tell human stories, but his approach is dehumanising. His aesthetic reduces characters to clockwork objects; actions & consequences pre-programmed to facilitate his particular system. While technique is enviable, it robs the work of life & spontaneity. It expects the audience to fall in love with its cutesy characters & quirky narrative based on a series of stylistic fetishes, but not actual depth.

4. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

5. drlurl's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Wes Anderson has a loyal, devoted fanbase with built-in expectations of what a Wes Anderson film should be. Moonrise Kingdom delivers, but the audience it seeks to connect with goes beyond fandom or his signature whimsy; it's a film about children desperately clinging to each other to hold onto that kind of love so pure and simple that only the innocent can feel it. Hopeless romantics will find a home in this film.

6. Vera Sophia's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Am I the only one not liking this?

7. nadnab's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

8. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

_ Suzy: We're in love. We just want to be together. What's wrong with that?

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Maybe I'm becoming a curmudgeon. My least favourite Wes Anderson. Do I resent these clean-cut troubled kids their happy endings? Or the audiences their opportunity to feel self-satisfied for going through it "with them"? (Is that cynical?) Or maybe it's a little too earnest; like he's working out unmet infant-needs on screen (omg I'm a terrible person). It just sort of... grated. Obvs. cute bits, but... overall: meh.

10. Bruno's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Mais um filme riquinho de Wes Anderson, mas desta feita, como em Rushmore, os adolescentes têm idade de adolescente, e aí seus vícios de mimo e melancolia vêem-se sinceros e apropriados. É uma recordação de infância, hinos corais, luz, chuva, árvores, e um amor eterno. Quem me dera a mim

11. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

12. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Didn't feel like I was watching kids, but thats the magic of Wes Anderson.

13. NUGA's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

A beautifully cute movie in true Wes Anderson fashion. There's a subtle comedic undertone that is much appreciated given the already chuckle worthy feel of the movie. It's just a very enjoyable movie to watch that is sure to lighten the mood of everyone who sees it.

14. ada stan's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

15. Amanda Violetto's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

cute but definitely missing something

16. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

More autistic whimsy from Anderson's mechanical toy theatre. The all-too-knowing eccentricity grinds along the conveyer belt with irritating regularity: the jerky narrative, the contrived mise-en-scene, the kitsch aesthetic, etc. reducing this already slight, if sweet, tale to a nervy confection. The bastard child of Peanuts and Arthur Ransome? A tad unkind, but this is just froth.

17. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

18. diana's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

19. nvmore's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

it's cute & quirky, but definitely missing something // 3.5

20. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

21. DenoResandono's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Maybe it isn't one of my favorite movie. But MOONRISE KINGDOM - I think - is one of the finest movie from director Wes Anderson. MOONRISE KINGDOM has a fantastic cast and they succeed to make the characters more interesting. I love its unique storytelling. I think - MOONRISE KINGDOM is one of the movie from director Wes Anderson which has complex and deeper characterization. If you're a fan of Wes Anderson, watch it!

22. yulyasemenova's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

23. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Wes Anderson + Françoise Hardy + Warm, Desaturated Colours = Love + Childhood Nostalgia

24. Vitória Carvalho's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Um filme extremamente simples mas de tão boa cinematografia que me manteve cativada durante todo ele. Retrata muito bem como seria a nossa infância se lhe déssemos asas tornando todos os nossos pequeninos sonhos "possíveis".