1. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Great and imaginative, with an eminent sensitiveness regarding the use of pre-recorded music. It's surprising to hear so much Benjamin Britten in a film, and there is a fine wit when the children during the end titles handle Alexandre Desplat's original score in the same didactic way like Britten handles Purcell's theme in his "Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra".

2. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

This one is unbelievably sweet. An amazing cast (Ed Norton, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Jason Schwartzman) is topped by a shockingly effective Bruce Willis. He's perfect for this role, somehow. And little baby Lucas Hedges! Be still my beating heart.

3. Robert Franco's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Last time I watched this movie, it got me laid. So I guess I gotta give it some love.

4. gaussian's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

style over substance but surprisingly enjoyable. can edward norton be my camp counselor, please?

5. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Great, even amazing visuals, but otherwise didn't do much for me. The aesthetics even sometimes work against the depth of characters and the story as a whole.

6. James Mackin's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

It's really cute, and it's a lot of fun. It's not my favourite of his films, but it's a good one. Shame that the dog died though.

7. eccestefan's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

wes anderson, great as always

8. ZiggySan's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

This movie didn't have the same impact for me as other Wes Anderson films.

9. Warren Butler's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Moonrise Kingdom is a film that could only have been made by Wes Anderson. The quirky characters are displayed through the fantastic cinematography, with a habit of framing shots as parallel, the unnatural world feels alive yet separate from our own. The open framing of many of the shots is fitting given how they are kids and much of the world not only feels large but also display how empty their island setting

10. jaelaah's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Raw, quintessential, nostalgic.

11. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

am i the only one who feels wes anderson's view of kids is intrinsically perverted

12. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Anderson wants to tell human stories, but his approach is dehumanising. His aesthetic reduces characters to clockwork objects; actions & consequences pre-programmed to facilitate his particular system. While technique is enviable, it robs the work of life & spontaneity. It expects the audience to fall in love with its cutesy characters & quirky narrative based on a series of stylistic fetishes, but not actual depth.

13. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

14. drlurl's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Wes Anderson has a loyal, devoted fanbase with built-in expectations of what a Wes Anderson film should be. Moonrise Kingdom delivers, but the audience it seeks to connect with goes beyond fandom or his signature whimsy; it's a film about children desperately clinging to each other to hold onto that kind of love so pure and simple that only the innocent can feel it. Hopeless romantics will find a home in this film.

15. Vera Sophia's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Am I the only one not liking this?

16. nadnab's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

17. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

_ Suzy: We're in love. We just want to be together. What's wrong with that?

18. EdieEmm's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Maybe I'm becoming a curmudgeon. My least favourite Wes Anderson. Do I resent these clean-cut troubled kids their happy endings? Or the audiences their opportunity to feel self-satisfied for going through it "with them"? (Is that cynical?) Or maybe it's a little too earnest; like he's working out unmet infant-needs on screen (omg I'm a terrible person). It just sort of... grated. Obvs. cute bits, but... overall: meh.

19. Bruno's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Mais um filme riquinho de Wes Anderson, mas desta feita, como em Rushmore, os adolescentes têm idade de adolescente, e aí seus vícios de mimo e melancolia vêem-se sinceros e apropriados. É uma recordação de infância, hinos corais, luz, chuva, árvores, e um amor eterno. Quem me dera a mim

20. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

21. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

Didn't feel like I was watching kids, but thats the magic of Wes Anderson.

22. NUGA's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

A beautifully cute movie in true Wes Anderson fashion. There's a subtle comedic undertone that is much appreciated given the already chuckle worthy feel of the movie. It's just a very enjoyable movie to watch that is sure to lighten the mood of everyone who sees it.

23. ada stan's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

24. amandav's rating of the film Moonrise Kingdom

cute but definitely missing something