1. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Morgiana

Herz has a special place in the world of independant and bizarre cinema thanks to his masterpiece "the cremator". This Morgiana is a strange, beautifully gothic-ghostly romance with touches of experimentalism and weird situations. A nice and disturbing photography but don't expect to find back Herz' most original signature. Between Borowcyck's dr Jekyll, diary of a sinner and old hammer films.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Morgiana

D'une incroyable nullité technique, abusant outrageusement des focales et des déformations de l'image, une oeuvre profondément haïssable, sans aucun intérêt quelconque, où même les actrices sont consternante de laideur et de fadeur. On regrette amèrement le minet de son sympathique compatriote Vojtech Jasny... www.cinefiches.com

3. redux's rating of the film Morgiana

If your film is about females seen as talking vaginas in hats and ribbons, make sure it is somewhat tighter than a limp dick. Letdown from the director of the amazing 'The Cremator'.

4. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Morgiana

It's not often that I categorize a film as a complete waste of time, but this film deserves such an accolade. It is basically "She Fell Among Thieves" (1978), but without Eileen Atkins as the quirky evil character. Not that Janzurova didn't do a good job. It's not her fault they put the world's ugliest make-up mask on both the "good" and "bad" sides of her character and made her emote through all that. Pretentious.

5. ZYNAB's rating of the film Morgiana

everyone is commenting on the visuals but to me they help to perfectly realize the story they're not the only thing of worth about the film...this movie is very dear to me because it is about the life and death an Ugly Woman. loving the mentally ill ugly girl representation

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Morgiana

6.8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-23Z

7. Stevie's rating of the film Morgiana

Some of the camera work in this gothic horror is sublime, in particular, the shots from the cats point of view. The locations are eerily beautiful and like a few others, I did not realise the sisters were being played by the same actress.

8. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Morgiana

9. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Morgiana

10. Irma Vep's rating of the film Morgiana

I didn't realize that this movie was named after a cat. I give it 5 out of 5 possible cats.

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Morgiana

Romantic drama set in 1910 approximately. Juraj Herz masterfully plays with genres and codes by inviting the fairy tales of our childhood and gothic horror at the party. I was so immersed in this schizophrenic story that I didn't notice that Iva Janzurova plays two different characters. Masterpiece.

12. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Morgiana

A highly entertaining pseudo-horror flick draped in gaudy bedazzlement. And it's fantastic.

13. Walt Panorama's rating of the film Morgiana

Whenever I watch this I feel decidedly under-dressed.

14. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Morgiana

15. Worm's rating of the film Morgiana

The aesthetic is the obvious thing to mention, which I found to be the main point of the film. It's filled with baroque visuals that are elegantly beautiful and yet dissonant and macabre. The story isn't entirely neglected, but I did think it was mostly just a vehicle for the imagery. It is a very enjoyable movie but I don't foresee this really touching anyone's innermost soul.

16. Scott Barley's rating of the film Morgiana

Baroque in style, this unique and genuinely scary "horror" film may not be as perfect as The Cremator in its strangely-beautiful-beautifully-strange compositions, but it is still, undeniably another masterpiece from Slovak auetur, Juraj Herz.

17. Sean's rating of the film Morgiana

What a beauty of a film, haunting and mesmerising

18. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Morgiana

Amazon has the release date listed as 27 Sep 2010. It's probably only speculative at this stage, but I hope it happens. Second Run always put out good disks.

19. REH1101's rating of the film Morgiana

Quite the hallucinatory experience.