1. mubianer's rating of the film Morvern Callar

35mm (very welcome after weeks with digital). I have to think more about this before commenting more, but I loved it. And I can't believe it took me 15 years to see it.

2. blkrchs's rating of the film Morvern Callar

3. spasmolytic's rating of the film Morvern Callar

4. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Morvern Callar

5. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Morvern Callar

One element I love about this film is that it truly encases how suicide can be an incredibly selfish act. Excellent Ramsay. 4.5

6. Blue Roses's rating of the film Morvern Callar

7. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Morvern Callar

And then she realized.. when you have nothing to lose, you exist. you live.

8. dentinhos's rating of the film Morvern Callar

Quando eu assisti, há muitos anos atrás, fiquei muito impactada e adorei.

9. nadillaizzati's rating of the film Morvern Callar

Artful, poetic, great soundtrack <3

10. SafeStanding's rating of the film Morvern Callar

Not a great deal of action in this film but throughout it's 97 mins I was totally engaged by both the acting of Samantha Morton and it's superb soundtrack. Loved it!

11. Muraki's rating of the film Morvern Callar

12. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Morvern Callar

No preparing you for this movie. It will clutch your ankle and just when you're in mid-descent you'll be thrown into the air, wondering how long you will keep floating like this, and if it's possible to touch objects dangling nearby,and then you'll surely be on the ground, and your feet will be covered in dirt and rock and the hope that you will find a way to be responsible for all the pain of the world.

13. mebbee's rating of the film Morvern Callar

Haunting, special, alive and rare. One of the greatest portrayals of a modern day ambiguous heroine I can think of. Also, has one of the best soundtracks.

14. Pendar Gh's rating of the film Morvern Callar

Interesting plot, the good acting lets you feel as if you are there

15. Ark V's rating of the film Morvern Callar

Where to start with this film.. to me it comes across as a passive socio political piece. With a lack of care for anything other than the self, MC somehow lures the viewer to waver on the edge of compassion...

16. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film Morvern Callar

17. ajdehany's rating of the film Morvern Callar

It needs something else to happen. She chops up her boyfriend and wins £100k. That's dramatically a complete flop. The film is good but the story sucks, basically.

18. raggiodisole's rating of the film Morvern Callar

lyrical approach to the tale of what you do when a loved one dies. Top class performance from Samantha Morton, eminently watchable

19. Borderline Collie's rating of the film Morvern Callar

It's been 17 years since Lynne Ramsay made this gem. She's directed only one feature film since then (We Need To Talk About Kevin) which is criminal. I think that tells you everything you need to know about the state that the Scottish/UK film industry has been in for the last two decades up to the present. No place for talent and no place for women.

20. Squashua's rating of the film Morvern Callar

Wasn't expecting something so morbid but certainly made for a suckerpunch of an opening first third. From there on out, it all gets very Club 18 to 30/Brits on tour - pills and clubs and twentysomething holiday problems. Ultimately, we're not gifted with much contextual background to really make any sense of the really baffling decisions made by a handful of characters who aren't particularly likeable.

21. Mavis McNally's rating of the film Morvern Callar

22. Steve G.'s rating of the film Morvern Callar

Samantha Morton wanders around listening to some awesome music - and there's not much more to it, really. It has something that I quite liked and enjoyed about it but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

23. JCPJD's rating of the film Morvern Callar

Writing this review - I realised I appreciated this film a lot more than I thought I did. There is definitely an unease that comes from watching it that can be mistaken for dislike. Ramsey is a real artist and Morvern feels like the work of someone being thoughtful and honest. The film lost me just at the end plot wise, but otherwise this is a softly spoken, interesting film.

24. Trevor mallett's rating of the film Morvern Callar

i thought it was brill from the begining to the end ,lol