1. El Biffo's rating of the film Moses and Aaron

It took a leap of faith and an act of devotion for me to surrender to this. Because Moses and Aaron are singing in German, and I am not a big fan of these guys in Hebrew or English either. And I am not too hot on the whole "god" thing (or gods). But this film certainly gives pause for reflection. The visual sparseness leaves extra room for that. I'm not in love with this film or the story but its power is undeniable.

2. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Moses and Aaron

I would like to show this work of art at my local church, but it's too « abstract » and « poetically violent »... One of the greatest film ever made for real. Still mind-blowing.

3. sodr2's rating of the film Moses and Aaron

If everyone could stop speaking at the same time, that'd be great. Thanks.

4. Gran-Hoff's rating of the film Moses and Aaron

The materiality of words, of bodies, of icons. The struggle to attain what transcends earthly existence and its limits. The film tries to establish its discourse on the basis of a friction between time, space and matter. Dissonances and harmonies pave our way towards the infinite.

5. João Eça's rating of the film Moses and Aaron

I really don't agree with the comments below. I think that this film is much more about Faith, God and Representation (and therefore about Images, Words and Ideas) than about politics, history or whatever. It's an operatic reflection on Cinema itself, if you want, because the problem of representation that Straub-Huillet examine is an artistic one: in this sense one can compare Art to God (as two forms of creation).