1. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Mother and Son

Very hard to watch but if you make an effort for the first 15 movie you will not be able to lay your eyes off the screen. Must see.

2. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Mother and Son

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film Mother and Son

4. János Valuska's rating of the film Mother and Son

5. bagno's rating of the film Mother and Son

6. L.F.G.'s rating of the film Mother and Son

audible painting, about the love of a countryman for his motherland (or so i've heard)

7. Vincent T's rating of the film Mother and Son

rated from memory. Needs a revisit.

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Mother and Son

Of Sokurov's films, this is the one that means the most to me, though I'll be unlikely to revisit it often.

9. Kamran's rating of the film Mother and Son

[REVIEW] 95/100 - MOTHER AND SON (Sokurov, 1997) 'A veil upon which reality is traced, augmented, and distorted just such that the uncanny is revealed...Sokurov's iridescent cinematography as usual brings life to nature, rendering...' Read More: http://bit.ly/1kSaC3a

10. James Matthews's rating of the film Mother and Son

Looks nice at times but doesn't really earn the high seriousness that it aspires to.

11. Caio Henrique Gava's rating of the film Mother and Son

Peacefuly beautiful but lacks complexity. I would't distort those images either.

12. Muraki's rating of the film Mother and Son

Heavenly. watch it for it's dreamy landscapeses, the cinematography of the film featured a distorted images (by filming through painted glass panes & mirrors) that made the movie's own mood and the whispers .

13. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Mother and Son

These days, with a simple Google search, anyone can find some of the most beautiful images imaginable. As such, why should care about this snore fest that people seem to only be able to defend through it's so called beautiful imagery. For the sake of time, I should note that everything I hated here was only intensified with FATHER AND SON. Homoerotic or not, it shows just how little Sokurov knows about real people

14. nein's rating of the film Mother and Son

Beautiful. Simple and beautiful,

15. mastorna's rating of the film Mother and Son

The most intimate meeting point between poetry and cinema is perhaps the moment where a change in emotion is captured like the way sunlight changes with the passing of a cloud. This film is a great work of art and Sokurov is master of cinema.

16. David Grillo's rating of the film Mother and Son

The way Sokurov uses painting to observe like other directors use music a flat ethereal voice in the background of Sokurov's beautiful observations ; son carries his mother like a sick child, the distance of the other side, the spirit of their connection moving further and further away from the world until he lets her go.

17. Joel's rating of the film Mother and Son

Profoundly difficult and yet absolutely a singular experience. I keep hoping Sokurov will be the greatest, but I'm never fully convinced. But I always want to try again.

18. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Mother and Son

Perfect in every way. Anything I write would be below this stellar piece of art.

19. magali de lepeleere's rating of the film Mother and Son

Like a painting in motion; beautiful.

20. Polyglot's rating of the film Mother and Son

This and Todd Haynes' Safe are unlike any 1990's film I've ever seen.

21. Ostermyers's rating of the film Mother and Son

Sokurov should be a painter, I guess.

22. Raluca Elena Covaci's rating of the film Mother and Son

A moving painting- great camera work and body language of the mother and son.

23. espaçonimas's rating of the film Mother and Son

Mais uma segunda-feira clássica no Espaço Nimas, desta vez homenageamos o realizador russo Alexander Sokurov com o projecção do filme MÃE E FILHO. Não percam esta grande oportunidade de ver uma das grandes obras da historia do cinema. Esta segunda, dia 22, a sessão começa às 18h30. Preço único de 4€ Projecção em 35mm.

24. Florentino Fuentes Rosenbaum's rating of the film Mother and Son

an exceptional poem about real love. An aesthetic experience as well, cinematography is superb. A must in contemporary russian cinema.