1. josh scam's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

dream proceeds from memory of pain

2. john saenz's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

3. emichan's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

A visual poem with an unfaltering carousel of retrograde impressions.

4. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

My Heart cant stop Beating , What a experience

5. p a d's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

what a cinematic experience!

6. Galen's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

“And so the tears awoke within the knower of the poet’s language, for he is taken by sorrow. Struck by disenchantment, for betrayal and deceit are around him”

7. Halomoan Sirait's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

8. ijol's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

a hauntingly beautiful side of colonialism

9. Ardhi Syaifuddin's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

Excellent work, but there are some gruesome parts (smoking children, child labor, unconsenting nudity, hazardous working conditions, & animal cruelty). The haunting sound effects, the traditional soundtrack, and the fairy tale like poems are elevating the spellbinding imagery, as if the audience are taken through a historical-cultural museum. The moving images at times are reminiscence of The Man with a Movie Camera.

10. Mohamad Takdir's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

The poem are hypnotizing. As an Indonesian it made me as if I was tranpsorted back in time.

11. Andrew's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

I saw this when it came out and it is one of the most powerful and engaging films I have ever seen - Will someone please release it is some format as it is impossible to find.

12. adrianmendizabal's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

13. Bonny's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

a very great film. this documentary like a treasure for Indonesia history

14. gory™'s rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

i second every comment under me

15. rajiv ibrahim's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

this dutch documentary about dutch colonialism in Indonesia will make your heart cry out for its harrowing images, propagandistic shots, beautiful native indonesian music, and the beautifully depressing yet inspiring poems..

16. Yuki Aditya's rating of the film Mother Dao, the Turtlelike

Ranks as one of the best documentary film i've ever seen. The story itself is about collonialism against the inferior side. It could be against to other nation, people or the mother nature.Accompanied by poems by acclaimed Indonesian poets such as Rendra and Sitor Situmorang, it's lyrical, haunting, and captivating. The credit should go to the deft editing of Monnikendam. The crocodile slaughtering is just marvelous.