1. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film Motorway

Skeletal 90’ action film, free of pretension but not w/o ambition as Soi Cheang delicately scales down his characters’ world into a series of short exchanges & skillfully paced set pieces. Rather than aiming for the operatic, he conducts his car chases as chamber pieces. The exactitude in the margins between speeding cars, barely brushing off one another, is analogous to him navigating the bare lines of the script.

2. Nicola Altieri's rating of the film Motorway

3. sashmere's rating of the film Motorway

That 8000 rpm, 2km/h side-shifting technique is way cooler than drifting, if you ask me.

4. Rock LeeNut's rating of the film Motorway

It's surprisingly thrilling.

5. Chayanin Tiangpitayagorn's rating of the film Motorway

DRIVE is like a feminine person MOTORWAY is a masculine one but at the same level of romanticism I appreciate this flick a lot.

6. HKFanatic's rating of the film Motorway

If you can imagine Michael Mann behind the wheel for a "Fast and Furious" film (preposterous, I know), you'll have an idea of what to expect. Cheang Pou-soi is a filmmaker who seems to try on a new genre with each movie he makes; although the runtime is brief here, Pou-soi finds exhilarating new ways to photograph speeding cars and their drivers, ensuring "Motorway" is the Hong Kong action movie to beat for 2012.