1. lesminho's rating of the film Mouchette

2. JCRF's rating of the film Mouchette

3. Anees's rating of the film Mouchette

Very powerful and evocative. Sub-titles were missing in most scenes but I still enjoyed it. The drama become vivid and intensifies as the film progresses towards the climax. Great achievement.

4. alessandrofarris001's rating of the film Mouchette

This is a direct, unflinching yet somehow otherworldly piece of cinema. To describe it as anything other than a filmic experience would take away from its power and Bresson's vision; it's like watching life unfold before your eyes. Everything is stripped back to its very core: acting, motions, noises, emotion. We are left with the cruelty of human nature right in front of us.

5. Olivier's rating of the film Mouchette

Avec peu de paroles et une grande sobriété, Bresson fait un portrait impitoyable de la cruauté humaine et de la misère morale.

6. Sergey Belov's rating of the film Mouchette

I almost felt nothing while watching this cinema. But couldn't stop crying one hour later after the watching

7. toni the eel's rating of the film Mouchette

not my favourite by le maitre but what a movie!!, it sticks in your head. history of cinema

8. guillermo's rating of the film Mouchette

According to Bresson, this is cinema against theatre. According to Rancière, this is cinema after literature -against Bresson-. Useless loop. This is pure cinema in state of grace. Mouchette is just about being human. Cinematic language at its best.

9. José Fernando Cardoso's rating of the film Mouchette

A masterpiece from one of the essential filmakers of all time. But beware: this is one of the saddest films ever released.

10. SonOfRambow's rating of the film Mouchette

11. Marach Adipalin's rating of the film Mouchette

Emotionally draining....................

12. captainfez's rating of the film Mouchette

13. Hooshmand's rating of the film Mouchette

Bresson is a poet, writes poetry about hands and the finger movements. All hands and fingers move carefully with emotions and are followed with care and precise by camera. He makes movies about young generation stocked in a stubborn distant prejudice society which is filled with limited thoughts of religion and family stereotypic features. Applause for Bresson’s enormously Avantgarde method of thinking.

14. Rex Freeman's rating of the film Mouchette

The acting and directing appears to be deliberately very unrealistic so the film relies on style and story. The result is rather average.

15. Lars Åndheim's rating of the film Mouchette

A melodrama (un)told with the camera in all the opposite angles taught by the School of melodrama. What one realises is that the main attractions of the melodrama are better left outside the frame.

16. Kiko, um cronópio's rating of the film Mouchette

Bresson pá, não se matam lebres, caralho.

17. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Mouchette

There are few stories sadder than Mouchette's. I'm a big fan of Bresson's minimal, broken down style of film making. Technically speaking, Mouchette lives up to it. However, I think there may have been a bit too much going on plot-wise for me. Also, I think Nortier was only right for the part by default as her nature seems to be a heavy air of indifference.

18. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Mouchette

19. Seesaw's rating of the film Mouchette

Frame by frame, tangled with intuition.

20. Inês's rating of the film Mouchette

21. dionysus67's rating of the film Mouchette

In line with a Christianized 'redemption' of De Sade, Bresson's film opens with a brilliant credit sequence of 'displacements' where 'emptiness' (the vacant chair in the shot) becomes a rich signifier of cinema's own gaze on 'dying'. Mouchette's plight aligns with the cinematic redemption of objects, purified by Bresson's lens, which offers the greatest, maybe, incarnation of the monism of matter and spirit on film.

22. MisterColo93's rating of the film Mouchette

23. gld48's rating of the film Mouchette

Just brutal. How much more misery could you put on one schoolgirl? Masterfully shot. Loved it.

24. Pelin Şahin's rating of the film Mouchette