1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

Bright colors and fast-paced editing makes it easy to be hypnotized and paralyzed of this burlesque orgy that dazzle with it's set decor and costumes. The pairing of Kidman and McGregor works and it has a energetic pace that never loses it's grip as if the film was directed by someone with a short-term attention disorder. Some actors are also deliberately over-the-top which can be hard to accept at first.

2. Dan's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

Someone said that they hated the story because of its simplicity yet loved everything else and I feel they fundamentally missed what Luhrman and a batshit crazy Nicole Kidman were trying to do.

3. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

am i the only homo on earth who this bored.

4. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

It's been like 10 years since I've seen this, and God I don't know what made me decide to watch it on this flight. I hate this movie. I don't know. I just strongly don't believe in any of it. I will always love you Nicole Kidman. This is not about you. But what an empty film!

5. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

nice re-interpretation of iconic pop and rock songs and damn good editing

6. Vincent T's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

7. anacecil's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

If the music isn't good, I just don't care how good the movie is. One of the best songs in the movie is "Come what may", which should have won the Oscar, were it not disqualified for stupid reasons. While Nicole Kidman is picture perfect, it's Ewan McGregor who really steals the show. He does a great cover of "Your Song".

9. ermete polpette's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

10. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

11. pluviosity's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

It was enjoyable, as anything with Ewan McGregor singing would be. Flashy, colourful, and...just that. The story, if there was one, never stick to my memory.

12. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

**1/2. Coppola's 'One From the Heart' is clearly Baz Luhrmann's inspiration here. Some great moments, interesting production design but weak basic screenplay.

13. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

1-2. A stupid, tone-deaf, overblown, self-aggrandizing , epileptic, Id-driven cartoon. And yet I kind of enjoyed it up to a point. There's a certain cheap thrill in the cartoony sex jokes and pop song rearrangements. But the movie works really hard to hammer its theme home, and the underdeveloped drama becomes a lot more pronounced in the second half. And that definitely drains a lot of the fun away.

14. hamsa's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

15. Chris's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

a flawed masterpiece... Ewan McGregor literally owns my entire ass

16. dr0nestar's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

17. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

Multi talented Baz ! First, having seduced one of the most beautiful acresses on the world.

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

Quite exciting at first, but I grew tired of this about halfway.

19. yennefer's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

20. Jason Av's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

21. laurwaur's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

Unique, tearjerking, breathtaking.

22. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

23. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

24. Aureliano's rating of the film Moulin Rouge!

Good attempt at style as form. Doesn't quite work.

← Previous 1 3 4