1. bryanvmh's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

I wish that we could talk about it. But there, that's the problem. With someone new I couldn't start it. Too late for beginning. The little things that made me nervous are gone in a moment. But nothing can prepare you for it, the voice on the other end. And it keeps coming, and it keeps coming, and it keeps coming til the day it stops.

2. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

3. David Grillo's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

The existential day after The Shop Around The Corner. What is the true price of the present if the future is so uncertain? A woman's personal life is traded for currency her relationships gradually internalize the existential crises of the 21st century stuck between losing the past & losing the future later revealing to us the slow conditioning of advanced capitalism's global takeover with a stand in oedipal mother.

4. Diogo CF's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

5. Clayton's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

Conceptually, a very smart film, but the execution is way off. First part is kind of interesting, the second section starts to feel like proper Jia, but that third part... What the hell was that

6. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

7. irislang's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

tbh i wish there'd been more character dev w/ tao....i think her rainbow sweater changes more than she does (someone did a photoset tracing the evolution of that sweater! it ends up as a scarf 4 her dog) & part 3 was tacky (i feel like any portrayal of futuristic stuff ends up tacky..) & i didnt like how daole's teacher took advantage of his starvation for maternal love..but a good movie to watch if ur a diaspora kid

8. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

Вразила тільки остання сцена фільму.

9. Chris's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

the best time to wear a striped sweater... is all the time

10. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

11. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

12. Felix Hermans's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

The first time that Zhangke has left me down.

13. memorysigh's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

"The hardest thing about love is caring."

14. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

Listen, mountains can be fickle, OK? Some of them come out of the sky and they stand there, but others, no sooner do they arrive before they sod off to shack up with some other landmass. But if you think that's bad, try having a relationship with a country, or a language, or even, God help you, a human being. The watercourse way looks better every day. Still, Jia's film, while pretty, is a bit dim and distended.

15. João Martins's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

Beautiful melodrama story. Touching scenes with good chinese actors. China vs West world scenarios, between 1999, 2014 and 2025. Definitely one of the best films I've seen in 2016!

16. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

It is unfortunate that the third act of Zhangke's gentle, beautiful piece does not very quite match the same heights as the wonderful first two. (The first's 4:3 aspect ratio and visual flexibility add even more to its quality) But I did spend about twenty minutes weeping and shaking in my seat so hey, I'm destroyed. Harsh, sensible film. Tao Zhao is amazing. It's about time, understand?

17. José Neves's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

The beauty of the characters' framings in the urban and industrial landscapes of China (something that Zhangke has already done superlatively), is determined by an expositional story of loving losses that loses a lot with the third part, of a trivial dramaticity and formality (despite the screen's enlargement and an idea of memory as a remaining echo). This way, the possibilities of a bigger melo+drama are reduced.

18. Драгољуб's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

Really confused about this movie. 3+

19. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

3 eras, 3 incarnations. Some things never change.

20. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

About love, about distance. Interesting.

21. patchwork's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

film di una tristezza memorabile sulla perdita continua e inesorabile di tutto. Un opera strabordante, illuminata da un clamoroso digitale mai così spinto fin oltre il limite della deformazione. Del ricordo e dell'amore non resta che un sussurro al quale aggrapparsi disperatamente.

22. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

Bellissimo film di Zhangke,una sorta di Scola in versione cinese,in cui le due fantastiche protagoniste vivono il circo delle loro vite intrecciandosi ai momenti storici del loro Paese. I sentimenti sono accompagnati da una grandiosa forza evocativa,un linguaggio sempre esaltato dalle immagini ed un Cinema essenziale,ridotto all osso che però non tralascia nulla. Storie che restano sempre impresse,all'Orientale.

23. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

24. Timmy93's rating of the film Mountains May Depart

The film feels very personal to me as someone who went abroad to study and wishes to do something my parents wouldn't support. I couldn't stop crying at times.