1. Juan D.'s rating of the film Muddy River

The only problem i have with these movie is the lack of sense of causality, a lot of moments seems very staged and programmed.

2. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Muddy River

Forgot how great this was. I'd struggle to think of reasons why anyone could possibly dislike this film.

3. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Muddy River

I think this director spend time at that boat before writing scenario . Because one of the children was following burned crab until reaching small window .At that scene he saw his friends mother . I dont think that these scenes were experimental . All of them created with clever ideas . these burned crabs are connecting two different situations in the film... very clever idea. I liked this director's imagination.

4. Ostermyers's rating of the film Muddy River

Post-war Japan is full of regrets, sad memories, and blurred feelings as a muddy river.

5. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Muddy River

It will enrich you. The way ridding yourself of neddless stuff enriches. The way that never quite attainable in peaceful times “omnia mea mecum porto” (unless history, regardless of individual convictions, forces that on someone and isn’t this the condition of so many war destitues – to live with only what they can carry upon themselves?) might enrich. The film portrays childhood not as a sweet amoral drift or as an

6. Ajayan Bala Sitharthan's rating of the film Muddy River

great iwant to see this movie .. any link in you tube or else ?

7. Holyphool's rating of the film Muddy River

a film that achieves a rare poetic insight into innocence amongst a people recovering from a terrible war seen through the eyes of two young boys who meet on the banks of a busy riverbank in bombed-out Osaka. Oguri's film is comparable in every way to Satyajit's Ray's Apu films, a journey into events full of magical and sad and terrible moments. One of the greatest evocations of childhood in all cinema.

8. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Muddy River

In a vivid dream of youth we're shown the evolving depth of experience and emotional wonder when two river urchins in postwar Japan find friendship with all its attendant delight and cruelty. Kohei Oguri attains a rarefied altitude of thoughtful art which expands from the personal to the historic to a world view which will never be bested by growing older or wiser. We are all mindful agents of torture and devotion.

9. novanindro's rating of the film Muddy River

reflecting my childhood,the river has a similarity with my playground near my house.I got knocked down at the ending

10. Balder Strååt's rating of the film Muddy River

Good, but I would have liked it more if it was less outspoken. Give me Sleeping Man any day.