1. captainfez's rating of the film Munyurangabo

Could've just been the poem, really.

2. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Munyurangabo

7/10 http://www.olumemare.ro/?p=326

3. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Munyurangabo

Of the "boring but interesting" variety. I may be projecting what I've read before but I can't help feeling this is a story looking from the outside, not being told from within. Also, I reflected on the fact that modernity isn't cellphones but clean water, despite the best efforts of some people confusing the two.

4. panagiotatos's rating of the film Munyurangabo

5,5/10, slow pace, predictable

5. DrFirestone's rating of the film Munyurangabo

A slow-burning tale of vengeance, justice, and forgiveness. It's uneven, with narration suddenly kicking in towards the end, which feels weirdly out of place. The story itself didn't engage me, including the predictable ending. Interesting African setting, a brief glance into a largely unknown reality...

6. fabioabu's rating of the film Munyurangabo

A singular and beautiful african movie, filmed with simplicity, strength and honesty.

7. nica's rating of the film Munyurangabo

Added a whole star for the magnificent poem alone. A beautiful if uneven film of the friendship of 2 boys and the complications that come with family and tribe and realities hitting hard. The acting was wonderful especially from the dad. I love the quiet, caring approach. There are a lot of details we don't get spoonfed that have kept me thinking (and Googling) which is always a great quality in a film for me.

8. Kyle Knapp's rating of the film Munyurangabo

A quiet miniature portrait of a society once destroyed by lies and hate, now being torn apart by ignorance and silence and an unwillingness to face its own demons. Its emotional incisiveness can be heartbreaking, though often I felt the same distance that the characters insist on keeping between themselves and their pain, which, barely visible, seethes under the outwardly blank faces of the two lead actors.

9. Clay_Carter's rating of the film Munyurangabo

The ability to broach a subject without explicitly navigating it as a visual atrocity is a sign of a powerful and memorable film and the reason why this film will stick with me. The simplicity strikes magnificently: the vanishing blood on the machete, the squeals of Sangwa as he is ostracized, the poet's recitation of rhythmic verse which can be assumed to have had an effect on Ngado's final decision whether to kill.

10. David R Williams's rating of the film Munyurangabo

African neorealism. A quiet film about the years after the horrors of the Rwandan genocide with memories somewhat faded but still deeply red. The film addresses issues of vengeance, justice and forgiveness but in an almost oblique manner. The non-professional actors are surprisingly compelling especially the father. The poet is unnecessary and overblows points already subtly made. Otherwise 4 stars.

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Munyurangabo

Can imagine this only scratches the surface of the complexity in tribal conflict in Rwanda; but it's a beatiful start.

12. El Biffo's rating of the film Munyurangabo

13. ShawnD's rating of the film Munyurangabo

You watch, waiting for the elephant in the room to be addressed, and when it is, with a whisper, you exhale, knowing what is to come.

14. T Mills's rating of the film Munyurangabo

A slow burn much like the Towrope and like that film the latter part and resolution is disappointing. This film falls apart for me when it makes a big style shift, suddenly featuring voiceover in what had been a more neorealistic take on the situation. The narration comes out of nowhere and so does the extended poem read (almost) straight for the camera.

15. Francisco Luna, Jr.'s rating of the film Munyurangabo

J'eusse conscience de plaisir quand écoutais.

16. msmichel's rating of the film Munyurangabo

Interesting and suspenseful film about two rwandans (grown survivors of the genocide) one Huti and one Tutsi best friends on a shared journey. Once at the one man's parents' home old feelings and blames emerge testing the friendship. A strong debut until "the poet" appears enouciating everything we as the audience should already realize watching the film. Ending somewhat predictable after poet's enouciation.

17. Zeppo's rating of the film Munyurangabo

Handheld camera work at its worst.

18. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Munyurangabo

Set in modern day Rwanda, two friends find their relationship tested when they steal a machete and set out with a plan to kill the man who killed one of their fathers. Beautifully shot and brilliantly composed, "Munyurangabo" is a raw, compelling look at life in a country still reeling from national tragedy and heartache.