1. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Mur Murs

A nice love letter to an unsung art form and a part of LA culture glanced over in most films

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Mur Murs

It was nice to watch the art in the walls.

3. Kerem Sadi Ekiz's rating of the film Mur Murs

Varda is a master documentarian without a doubt. They just flow and you never get bored. This was the best one I've seen thanks to impressive and colorful street art of 80s.

4. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Mur Murs

My introduction to Agnes. I knew right away this is a filmmaker i should follow deep sea baby.

5. Jason's rating of the film Mur Murs

Los Angeles is a place that possesses fairly romantic connotations for me despite the fact that on many levels it is a sleazy, woebegone hellhole. Mur Murs speaks to what appeals to me about Los Angeles, and does so w/ a committed attitude of engagement, wonder, and curiosity. The murals, as well as those who make them and those who live amidst them, suggest a place of colliding elsewheres. This is interculture.

6. msmichel's rating of the film Mur Murs

Varda leaves us an interesting time capsule from 1981 capturing the artistic expression of the residents of East L.A. through the remarkable murals throughout the city. Time and urban reinvention have displaced most but the endeavour for expression continues.

7. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Mur Murs

This is the THIRD time you have programmed this film in the 2 years or so I have been a member of MUBI. Is there some reason for this? You are also currently showing Sans toit ni loi AGAIN; The Reluctant Revolutionary AGAIN; and Fräulein AGAIN.

8. db's rating of the film Mur Murs

On so many levels, an invaluable document.

9. mpho3's rating of the film Mur Murs

Coolest movie I've seen about art! "'I wanted to show how a city can express itself. It's really telling a lot about politics, the situation, the segregation. Obviously there are no murals in Bel-Air.' [On film being] a product of time and place ... Varda reflect[ed]: 'Then it becomes, maybe nothing, maybe a witness.'" - Varda quoted by Maria Lopez, KCET at the 2013 restored print premiere, Santa Monica.

10. dominique s.'s rating of the film Mur Murs

Wow. This was amazing! The murals she covered and their backgrounds were so intriguing. I love how Varda interviewed the artists. I just wish the audio was a little better in some parts of the documentary.

11. laurax's rating of the film Mur Murs

Love Varda's work. This is a beautiful film. Very interesting the way she juxtaposes real people in front of some of the murals - art/life, life/art? Only wish some of the audio was better.

12. moneejah's rating of the film Mur Murs

Brilliant, gorgeous, and engaging film.

13. roserine kenlew's rating of the film Mur Murs

Understated, playful, and captivating. Varda guides us through show-and-tell in Mur Murs: narration and imagery coalesce and present a behemoth city in an intimate and accessible way. The singular subject--murals-- captures a diverse cast of activists, roller disco dancers, painters with bad 80s hair, religious fanatics, cholos and existentialists. Art mimicking life mimicking art mimicking life.

14. David Balzer's rating of the film Mur Murs

This is one of the most brilliant films I've ever seen. Jaw-droppingly smart and absolutely gorgeous. Thanks MUBI; I've been looking to watch this for years.

15. Kevin's rating of the film Mur Murs

As much as I learn about Agnes Varda, I seem to know less and less. I have loved every single film I have seen, and they are voluminous, yet when I look at the list below, I find more to see, and have no idea how to go about doing so. Compare LA today...

16. Zac Weber's rating of the film Mur Murs

An absolutely beautiful love letter to Los Angeles and its people. Agnès Varda has unbelievable skill matching images to create symbolic, poetic meaning. There are a number of striking images that come to mind: The children beating the piñata while the adults spoke about police violence, the pig mural centered as the "Farmer" logo truck rolls in to the frame. Mur Murs has everything you want from a documentary.

17. El Biffo's rating of the film Mur Murs

Agnes Varda has a magical way of using a very specific theme as a pretext for telling a much larger story. She approaches her subjects with a waifish wisdom that is beautiful, charming, shrewd, and magnificent.

18. Davide Rapp's rating of the film Mur Murs