1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Murder at the Vanities

In addition to the almost nude scenes, the marijuana song and the sexually aroused detective, you can find here the irrevocable proof that you've just seen a pre-code movie: one of the subordinate roles is a murderer and is not punished at the end of the film. Recommended.

2. AugusteB's rating of the film Murder at the Vanities

I would love to see a remake of this

3. Adam Suraf's rating of the film Murder at the Vanities

If you've never seen a 1934 musical that features an ode to weed, acres of mostly naked women, Duke Ellington, lots of attempted and successful murder, and Victor McLaglan, this is the one to see.

4. goeienag's rating of the film Murder at the Vanities

A classic Clue-like mystery/musical. "Was it the maid? Was it the butler?" I'm so shocked this was published in the '30s. I know it's pre-code, but damn. Songs about weeeeed and long rants on killing. Not to mention the scantily-clad dancers, which was shot gorgeously. If you're simply a fan of the female body, particularly of the pre-50s Caucasian female body, this film will do wonders for you. Haha...

5. MarcH's rating of the film Murder at the Vanities

A weird and fascinating mess. Think Agatha Christie meets a pre-code Girlie Show, famous for the great "Marijuana" production number...which should be in every stoner's DVD collection.