1. Matthew Floyd's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

As an Agatha Christie fan, this definitely felt like a poorly-conceived community theatre production than a legitimate adaptation of one of her works. Hopefully, she comes back to life as a copyright-striking zombie so she can put a stop to Hollywood hacks from further ruining her bibliography by making horrendous films that do zero justice to her work. Kenneth Branagh ought to be ashamed of himself for this failure.

2. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Ok, but somehow unnecessary. The cast has little opportunity to impress. It's Branagh's show from start to finish. Some great camera work in the interrogation scenes. The wide shots, however, look very artificial, almost like outtakes from The Polar Express.

3. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

The Big Reveal is still so powerful that it should have been a springboard for a much better, much darker, Fincher-style movie, examining collective guilt, the morality of revenge, and the effects of such events on Poirot's perfectly calibrated moral compass. Those themes are only touched on here: instead, the admittedly fun cast perform like a Thursday night am-dram at a Basingstoke community centre.

4. Nuno Marques's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

5. pluviosity's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

it's surprising that Kenneth Branagh didn't ruin this one; it's surprising that they still managed to put some new things on this overtly-adapted story, sure some of it wasn't really necessary, but not to the point of annoying; yet the most surprising of all, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's still a pleasant to watch, for the eyes particularly.

6. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

As good or as bad as the original. As I say: not better or worse than Sidney Lumet's, Albert Finney's Hercule Poirot. And also: there was no need to make this remake. But again: same level.

7. meepy's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

so many talented actors...so much BORING. A thriller with no tension, bland characters and so much time wasted. STOP TELLING ME THE STORY AND JUST SHOW ME GODDAMMIT FJKSKDD!!!!

8. Allison Rung's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Frank question: what was the point of making this? Nothing to offer to the train movie canon or the mystery canon, the Christie canon, there are no remarkable performances--the actors nearly fall asleep themselves--, there is no interesting play with the novel, which itself is only puzzling in its popularity. But this reminds me to watch the Lady Vanishes again!

9. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Stopped watching as soon as the murder happened. I don't really care who did it.

10. xrystyna's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

what a waste of all possible resources appalling (not to mention boring)

11. captainfez's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Wonderfully dressed clockwork popcorn.

12. Tigrão's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

13. f-nanda's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Look, Agatha Christie is one of my favorites as a kid. I didn't love it or hate this movie, but I didn't felt any WOW moments. Whatever, I had goosebumps when they said "death on the Nile". GIVE ME MORE AGATHA NOVELS MOVIES RIGHT NOW!

14. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

I even know who the killer was when Mr. Poirot had just put his foot on the train.

15. Diderot's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Branagh seems to be America's new go-to for exercises in unself-conscious (though perhaps expertly conscious) narrative conservatism, and I only wish this one were as good as his Cinderella was.

16. Salma Dahab's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

17. Trunfos's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

18. nadnab's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

19. Artemis's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Dismal and overwrought. Though I hope the cast all got some satisfaction at least from having had a hand in Johnny Depp's murder.

20. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

0.5 - I've never read the novel or watched the previous adaptations, so I must've been the prime target audience for it. Don't blame it on the familiar and predictable story. There's also no blame for the actors, as most of all are nothing but glorified cameos with 2 or 3 scenes where they actually have dialogues. The problem is entirely laid on Branagh's offensively boring directing and dull build up to the reveal.

21. Star Lord's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Assassino sull'Orient Express. Mi è piaciuto.

22. sabrinahrhp's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

23. Palmat's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

That Branagh sure know his stuff. Shame that he settles for a quite tedious and safe take on this classic story. Nothing here raises your pulse and only the most clueless viewer will be surprised by the reveal. Still it all looks and sounds right but gets quite boring real quick.

24. Ylly's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Watching this with my Sherlock/Watson was the best idea

← Previous 1 3 4