1. Pedro Soares's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

not only is it boring and mediocrely directed, the acting is awful. i'm not sure if that's the purpose, but it was one of the cringiest things i've seen yet

2. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

1930s nostalgy from the 1970s with lots of stars: Sean Connery playing the tough gentleman, Anthony Perkins playing a mother’s boy, Lauren Bacall playing a diva... there’s typecasting for you. The film is way too theatrical for my taste, it’s dominated by a sort of faked naivety that must have worked well in the 70s but not anymore, at least in my case. Poirot got on my nerves.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Film plein de charme, dont on suit le cheminement avec plaisir. A l'élégance de la reconstitution luxueuse de l'Orient-Express s'ajoute l'humour britannique et une distribution pléthorique et magnifique, pour une adaptation de qualité... www.cinefiches.com

4. keremebrulee's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Fine film, except for the obvious racism in the first part. Turkish people have been wearing modern clothes since late 1920s.

5. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

6. Dalibor's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

All-star cast and an eye for detailing Victorian high-class elevate this otherwise plain decent crime film. Relying on eccentricity and intriguing antagonists, with an inspired performance by its main character, the whole seems like a montage of interviews not as high on thrills or even suspense as one would hope.

7. Marta Donati's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Both the starting material and this adaptation are brilliant creations.

8. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Watched this to prepare myself for The Hateful 8 but the Poirot in this movie has no charm whatsoever. The T.V version of the character played by David Suchet is a better portrayal.

9. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

10. el.'s rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

-3. It seems to have what it should, but I can't escape the thought it misses a fair deal of mystery and suspense that could have made it a much better and more enjoyable experience

11. pluviosity's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

a by-the-book of adaptation. yet, for the actors and such great story, what a terrible disheartening pathetic mother lode of waste..

12. Kamran's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Review: Murder On The Orient Express (1974) 74/100 - Good. True to the book, Lumet’s feature film succeeds in transcribing script to screen, but unfortunately does little to transform the literary into the cinematic. http://nextprojection.com/2015/09/04/celebrating-ingrid-bergman-centenary-murder-orient-express/

13. Stevie's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Expertly directed and features a hugely impressive cast at the top of their games. The best of the Poirot adaptations I've seen.

14. HSBilly's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

full of big stars, but some of them are not quite shining enough. well i must say i like this christie's adaptation, especially for loveable poirot who equally intelegent as sherlock, but lose to sherlock as he less charming and less you-know-what.

15. Film Aficionerdo's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

I'm sorry I'm not a Poirot purist, but I do like murder mysteries. Honestly, I watched it more because of Sean Connery than Finney. Bond beats Poirot. Orient Express is fun in a campy sort of way, but it felt like a star-studded novelty that'd be more suited for television. It's like a stylized Matlock. I'm clearly out of my element, aren't I?

16. Olly Perrett's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Nicely shot and well acted by the whole cast. Despite this it still feels more like a television special than a feature film. Can't fault it's entertainment value though; even if it is lacking anything that makes it stand out other then the story. MVP is obviously Agatha Christie, whose story is arguably one of the greatest whodunnits ever written.

17. Moke41's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

An excellent performance brought down only by that I grew up with David Suchet as Poirot and think his performances are just a touch more to my liking.

18. Ioanna-Violet's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

One of my favourite films of all time - as i love everything that has to do with Agatha Christie. Finney is not my favourite Poirot - but he is great here, nonetheless. The cast is absolutely wonderful, and very impressive. The plot is ingenious, and the scene where Poirot uncovers everything is my absolute favourite. All in all, a wonderful film!

19. lostlevel's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Though it's odd watching Poirot portrayed by anyone other than David Suchet I can't really fault Albert Finney either. The luxurious Orient Express interiors and the costumes kept me engaged though some of the slower parts. I'm not sure if someone watching this particular story for the first time would have had that problem.

20. SiIencio's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Credit to Sidney Lumet for this more than decent adaptation of Agatha Christie's mystery novel. The film is a celebration of the great Orient Express with stylish outdoor shots of the old locomotive and luxurious stations. The cast is an ensemble of greatness. The plot keeps you entertained. Plodding and meticulous Poirot may not be of your liking, in that case blame the British... or even the Belgians. Watchable.

21. Huw Morgan's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

skip to 96 minutes for the legendary Poirot explanation and save yourself the preceding hour and a half's fluff.

22. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Yes, un film-like and probably better as Boxing Day television, however what a charming and quirky little piece that stays interesting to its very end. A high point is the display of different European (pre-1950's) characters such as the stiff English servant and the creepy old Russian duchess who make this kind of (disturbingly) magical. Enjoy with a clear mind.

23. Miller's Crossing's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

It certainly has a vintage/cosy charm but it also is very programmatic and didactic. We tend to think at some point it is quite unnecessary to get the same piece of information three times. The performance of Albert Finney is just bad, if you can't fake correctly a Belgian accent plus don't scream every line on top of that!

24. janh24's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Good fun, but not exactly filmic.