1. Mr. Gumby's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

The ultimate "whodunit" story, filmed by a director who knows how to play with the viewer and with the secrets of the characters with just a few camera movements, and an extraordinary ensemble cast that gives humanity to all Agatha Christie's characters. David Suchet is the definitive Poirot for my generation, Albert Finney has a perfect one-man-stand that no one should miss.

2. Ajfunmi's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

3. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

4. msmichel's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Lumet's adaptation of the Christie mystery was a critical and box office success on release in '74. 40 plus years later it's a pretty creaky affair with its seventies style all-star cast, slow pacing and various contrivances. No one particularly stands out even Bergman in her Oscar winning turn. Worst is Finney who is far too young for the part with both a ridiculous accent and moustache.

5. catbug's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Poirot should never be this loud and Bacall fails at being silly. Slick glow to it though, thanks Sid.

6. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Beddoes: Oh, yes sir. the Italian person. Poirot: Does he speak english? Beddoes: A kind of English sir, I think he learnt it in a place called Chicago sir. Poirot: You talk together much? Beddoes: Oh, No sir. I prefer to read. . . . Foscarelli: Hey, What are you reading Mr. Beddoes? Beddoes: 'Love`s Captive' by Mrs. Annabella Richardson. Foscarelli: Is it about sex? Beddoes: It is about 10:30 Mr. Foscarelli.

7. Pedro Soares's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

not only is it boring and mediocrely directed, the acting is awful. i'm not sure if that's the purpose, but it was one of the cringiest things i've seen yet

8. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

1930s nostalgy from the 1970s with lots of stars: Sean Connery playing the tough gentleman, Anthony Perkins playing a mother’s boy, Lauren Bacall playing a diva... there’s typecasting for you. The film is way too theatrical for my taste, it’s dominated by a sort of faked naivety that must have worked well in the 70s but not anymore, at least in my case. Poirot got on my nerves.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Film plein de charme, dont on suit le cheminement avec plaisir. A l'élégance de la reconstitution luxueuse de l'Orient-Express s'ajoute l'humour britannique et une distribution pléthorique et magnifique, pour une adaptation de qualité... www.cinefiches.com

10. keremebrulee's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Fine film, except for the obvious racism in the first part. Turkish people have been wearing modern clothes since late 1920s.

11. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

12. Dalibor's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

All-star cast and an eye for detailing Victorian high-class elevate this otherwise plain decent crime film. Relying on eccentricity and intriguing antagonists, with an inspired performance by its main character, the whole seems like a montage of interviews not as high on thrills or even suspense as one would hope.

13. Marta Donati's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Both the starting material and this adaptation are brilliant creations.

14. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Watched this to prepare myself for The Hateful 8 but the Poirot in this movie has no charm whatsoever. The T.V version of the character played by David Suchet is a better portrayal.

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

16. el.'s rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

-3. It seems to have what it should, but I can't escape the thought it misses a fair deal of mystery and suspense that could have made it a much better and more enjoyable experience

17. pluviosity's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

a by-the-book of adaptation. yet, for the actors and such great story, what a terrible disheartening pathetic mother lode of waste..

18. Kamran's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Review: Murder On The Orient Express (1974) 74/100 - Good. True to the book, Lumet’s feature film succeeds in transcribing script to screen, but unfortunately does little to transform the literary into the cinematic. http://nextprojection.com/2015/09/04/celebrating-ingrid-bergman-centenary-murder-orient-express/

19. Stevie's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Expertly directed and features a hugely impressive cast at the top of their games. The best of the Poirot adaptations I've seen.

20. HSBilly's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

full of big stars, but some of them are not quite shining enough. well i must say i like this christie's adaptation, especially for loveable poirot who equally intelegent as sherlock, but lose to sherlock as he less charming and less you-know-what.

21. Film Aficionerdo's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

I'm sorry I'm not a Poirot purist, but I do like murder mysteries. Honestly, I watched it more because of Sean Connery than Finney. Bond beats Poirot. Orient Express is fun in a campy sort of way, but it felt like a star-studded novelty that'd be more suited for television. It's like a stylized Matlock. I'm clearly out of my element, aren't I?

22. Olly Perrett's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

Nicely shot and well acted by the whole cast. Despite this it still feels more like a television special than a feature film. Can't fault it's entertainment value though; even if it is lacking anything that makes it stand out other then the story. MVP is obviously Agatha Christie, whose story is arguably one of the greatest whodunnits ever written.

23. Moke41's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

An excellent performance brought down only by that I grew up with David Suchet as Poirot and think his performances are just a touch more to my liking.

24. Ioanna-Violet's rating of the film Murder on the Orient Express

One of my favourite films of all time - as i love everything that has to do with Agatha Christie. Finney is not my favourite Poirot - but he is great here, nonetheless. The cast is absolutely wonderful, and very impressive. The plot is ingenious, and the scene where Poirot uncovers everything is my absolute favourite. All in all, a wonderful film!