1. Renton47's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

You might call its effects on me 'quintessential' cinema; at once ambivalent about its ends while being completely swept up in its liveliness (naughtiness). The vignette structure would be an ethical compromise if it wasn't playing the long con, testing to find our own boundaries and the point they feel breached. That family dynamics occur naturely and rather closed off is depicted pretty remarkably.

2. Vincent T's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

3. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

4. August Boulder's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

Well, I don't know if it's right or wrong or whether any of that even matters, but it was so fun! It's hard not to fall in love with these characters, especially Laurent and his brothers. I kept expecting things to go sour, and the end just made my heart smile. Thank you again monsieur Malle!

5. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

One of the best coming of age/sexual awakening films about a French kid who really loves his mother.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

Œuvre fort moyenne qui défraya la chronique des bien-pensants de l'époque toujours en retard d'un (arrière-)train, d'une moralité et d'un jugement tempéré... www.cinefiches.com

8. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

9. ninchok's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

A four with a touch of a five I'd say. Update: Or rather a five with a touch of a four...

10. oooooo's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

11. Muraki's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

we are all growing-up to be a good liars. Louis Malle is a genius (Nothing new!)

12. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

Not quite sure what to say about the whole incest thing.

13. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

Il y a plusieurs façons d'aimer...

14. s.birowo's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

15. ceknklsn's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

16. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

"Hey kids, do you like to see boys having sex with their mothers?" <heavy breathing>. "Well, this is a world famous director so it has to be great!"

18. El Biffo's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

I liked this when I was a teenager in the 1970's. Now I think its crap. Worse than crap, really. Films of boys making love with their moms are gross, and Louis Malle tries to make it seem cute. UGH.

19. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

20. Razna_'s rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

21. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

Saw this as a teenager, and then again several years later. I get more out of it each time I see it. Interesting coming of age tale.

22. damone88's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

a beautyful coming-of-age film.

23. Sezen Tezic's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart

Bu filmin beni uzun bir sure sarstigini hatirliyorum. Ince ince orulen yapisiyla turunun iyi bir ornegi. uzun tartismalarla, ice sindirilmesi icin zaman taninmasi gereken bir film.

24. tapdiq's rating of the film Murmur of the Heart